Respected Contributor

Why would anyone feel sorry for Matt Lauer's wife and kids?  Supposedly their marriage has been on the rocks since 2006 and she only has stayed with him because of his $25 Million Dollar salary. If she truly cared about his immoral behavior she would have left him 10 years ago.  She wanted to be part of the gravy train too. 

Now that the money wont be coming in, I expect we will hear of divorce proceedings in another few months.  

Dont feel one bit sorry for any of these people who are drunk on power, fame and money.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Why would anyone feel sorry for Matt Lauer's wife and kids?  Supposedly their marriage has been on the rocks since 2006 and she only has stayed with him because of his $25 Million Dollar salary. If she truly cared about his immoral behavior she would have left him 10 years ago.  She wanted to be part of the gravy train too. 

Now that the money wont be coming in, I expect we will hear of divorce proceedings in another few months.  

Dont feel one bit sorry for any of these people who are drunk on power, fame and money.

@Reever

Why would you not feel sorry for his children?  Or do you believe in the ancient idea that the sins of the father are rightly visited on his children?

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Reever

Why would you not feel sorry for his children?  Or do you believe in the ancient idea that the sins of the father are rightly visited on his children?

Noel7 he dug his own grave.  If he loved his family he wouldn't have done this. In my opinion he should be investigated by social services as to whether he is fit to parent the kids. It may seem harsh but this man doesn't deserve to parent children. He has destroyed his career and his family.

Honored Contributor

My heart breaks for his children as they will be living this in public for a very long time.  My only hope is that their peers and classmates cut them some slack and allow them to live their lives and sort through this without being mocked.

In the same token, I have zero empathy for his wife.  She filed for divorce and should have kept going years ago as this is not news to her.  Hindsight is 20/20 and I'll be the first to admit I never would have saw this coming but she should have thought of her children since she knew what he was about and eventually something would have bubbled up to the surface albeit not in this cataclysmic fashion.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Reever

Noel7 he dug his own grave.  If he loved his family he wouldn't have done this. In my opinion he should be investigated by social services as to whether he is fit to parent the kids. It may seem harsh but this man doesn't deserve to parent children. He has destroyed his career and his family.

@Reever

That has nothing to do with the fact that you don't see why anyone would feel sorry for his children.

Children should not suffer for what a parent does, they bear the pain and the shame, and many good people would indeed feel sorry for the innocent children.

Occasional Contributor

His wife has been a victim to his blatant narcissism and controlling behavior...I do expect her to leave him, now that his exploitation of other women is becoming public knowledge. It's not about his money (no doubt that will evaporate). 

If you doubt this, read up on narcissism, about what it does to those closest to them...partners & children. Hopefully she's been able to ground the kids in reality and compassion for others. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because as it is political

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I need to add that I feel sorry for Lauer's wife and children.  How humiliating for them.  I hope NBC gives the open day slot to Lester Holt.  That's my choice.  Cat Very Happy

Lester Holt would have no interest in leaving his spot as the national nightly news anchor - way above the prestige of the Today Show.

But {shudder} Bob Costas has been mentioned as a logical replacement. Talk about a useless newsperson.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Watch out for the stampede@chessylady any minute now. Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor
Willie Geist a possibility? He does Today weekend show though.