Honored Contributor

Re: NBA Takes All Star Game Out Of Charlotte

@JaneMarple wrote:

The 2017 NBA All-Star Game will move from Charlotte, North Carolina, because of that state's controversial transgender bathroom law, the league has announced.

The NBA says it will announce a new site in the coming weeks. The NBA also said it hopes to hold the 2019 game in Charlotte "provided there is an appropriate resolution to this matter."

House Bill 2, signed into law in March, prohibits people from entering bathrooms that do not match the sex on their birth certificates -- a distinction many claim discriminates against the LGBT community.

@JaneMarple

It seems to me that the residents of North Carolina should be asking themselves how that bunch of gullible legislators ever managed to pass that law in the first place.   Apparently, they don't know bigotry is illegal.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

So happy to see Charlotte stick to their values. Maybe no basketball game but safe bathrooms for the women.

LOL

All this does is show YOUR character.

It shows reality.  There is no evidence it is happening.

I am talking about laughing at at a strangers opinion on the internet. I would hope for a debate but she chose to mock.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

So happy to see Charlotte stick to their values. Maybe no basketball game but safe bathrooms for the women.

LOL

I am talking about laughing at astray gets opinion on the internet.

What?  Typo?  I make them, too, I just don't know what you mean, not being snarky.

Esteemed Contributor

Since this is no longer a discussion but a back and forth at posters I'll end my participation with:

In order to protect everyone we need bathrooms for individuals who are:

male heterosexuals
female heterosexuals
male homosexuals
female lesbians
male to female transgenders
female to male transgenders
bisexuals
questioning/queer
intersex (formerly hermaphrodite)
asexuals

misc for groups yet to be identified

Feel safe now.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

LOL

I am talking about laughing at at a strangers opinion on the internet. I would hope for a debate but she chose to mock.

Oh, ok.  

Trusted Contributor

Enter restroom. Find open stall, go in, do business, as needed.

Leave stall. Wash hands thoroughly.  Make hair, cosmetic repairs, if needed. 

Leave restroom.

I'm 45. In all my many years of using public restrooms, this has worked like a charm!

Of all the places, I've occasionally felt a little uneasy about a stranger, a bathroom had never been one them. 

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

Good for the NBA.

This has nothing to do with "values" and everything to do with discrimination.  

Discrimination should never be tolerated no matter how it's painted.

There is absolutely no evidence that transgender people attack children in bathrooms.

I have yet to read of any attacks by people POSING as a transgender person.

The idea this could happen is fear mongering in order to support an ignorant law.

Nothing more.

@mstyrion 1

BINGO !!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

Charlotte stick to their values?  Perhaps, just perhaps, you should read up on what actually happen their before making statements which are not based upon the facts.

Charlotte pass an LGBTQ-friendly ordinance.  That is their values.

North Carolina legislators, in an attempt to thwart Charlotte and other cities which had similar ordinances, called an emergency session to prevent such ordinances from being inforced.

Charlotte values all citizens.  Many N.C. legislators do not.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

The 2017 NBA All-Star Game will move from Charlotte, North Carolina, because of that state's controversial transgender bathroom law, the league has announced.

The NBA says it will announce a new site in the coming weeks. The NBA also said it hopes to hold the 2019 game in Charlotte "provided there is an appropriate resolution to this matter."

House Bill 2, signed into law in March, prohibits people from entering bathrooms that do not match the sex on their birth certificates -- a distinction many claim discriminates against the LGBT community.

@JaneMarple

It seems to me that the residents of North Carolina should be asking themselves how that bunch of gullible legislators ever managed to pass that law in the first place.   Apparently, they don't know bigotry is illegal.  

@Tinkrbl44

I'd just like to say that I am one of many residents of NC know EXACTLY how it happened.  You can look it up.  

I will not go political and be part of closing this very reasonable thread.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I never thought I would applaud a professional sports team for having any ethics, but this time I will. You've come a long way, baby.