Honored Contributor

Re: NBA Takes All Star Game Out Of Charlotte

@Jackaranda wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

So happy to see Charlotte stick to their values. Maybe no basketball game but safe bathrooms for the women.

I'm sure that there are a lot of businesses in the area that are very unhappy about losing money.  Bathrooms have never been under attack except by overzealous monitors:/

Loosing money is never fun for anyone but that is that hard choice they made. I am glad they stuck to their values. As for bathroom monsters and safety that is your opinion not fact 

You'd be hard pressed to show any facts that any transgender individual has assaulted someone in a bathroom.  It's not difficult to show incidents of overzealous bathroom "monitors" being abusive.

Honored Contributor

my best friend  lives in North Carolina, and she is embarrassed by  her states stand. It is 2016 and if you are not inclusive, you will lose business, and you deserve to.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

So happy to see Charlotte stick to their values. Maybe no basketball game but safe bathrooms for the women.

I'm sure that there are a lot of businesses in the area that are very unhappy about losing money.  Bathrooms have never been under attack except by overzealous monitors:/

Loosing money is never fun for anyone but that is that hard choice they made. I am glad they stuck to their values. As for bathroom monsters and safety that is your opinion not fact 

You'd be hard pressed to show any facts that any transgender individual has assaulted someone in a bathroom.  It's not difficult to show incidents of overzealous bathroom "monitors" being abusive.

Well just have to agree to disagree then.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Born and living in N.C. let me say ~

I am SO glad the NBA made this decision.

Ignorant is ignorant and right is right.

As another North Carolinian I too am glad the NBA made this decision and I hope the expansion of companies withdrawing expansions, conventions, travel, etc. continues until the law is repealed.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

Stick to things you believe in, whether everyone else believes in them or not.  

RESPECT all values, even if you disagree.  Just because I might not agree with your values, you have no right to disrespect me.  Your values aren't anymore important than mine.  Once again, everyone needs to practice RESPECT for all values.

If I had small children, I would have a huge problem with the restroom issues.  Why can't there be a 'neutral' bathroom, use it if you want to do so????

Herein lies the BIGGEST problem in the world.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

my best friend  lives in North Carolina, and she is embarrassed by  her states stand. It is 2016 and if you are not inclusive, you will lose business, and you deserve to.

@QVCkitty1

I was born here and consider it home.  I am mortified at the bad JOKE my home state has become.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

Stick to things you believe in, whether everyone else believes in them or not.  

RESPECT all values, even if you disagree.  Just because I might not agree with your values, you have no right to disrespect me.  Your values aren't anymore important than mine.  Once again, everyone needs to practice RESPECT for all values.

If I had small children, I would have a huge problem with the restroom issues.  Why can't there be a 'neutral' bathroom, use it if you want to do so????

Herein lies the BIGGEST problem in the world.

------------

Neutral bathrooms! Problem solved. Love it. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1

I was born here and consider it home.  I am mortified at the bad JOKE my home state has become.

That is just how my friend feel and she too was born there. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How is NC going to enforce this?

Will they make people carry their birth certificates with them?

Honored Contributor

What will they do when the BC says "Gender Undetermined"?

It happens, folks.