Honored Contributor

NBA Takes All Star Game Out Of Charlotte

The 2017 NBA All-Star Game will move from Charlotte, North Carolina, because of that state's controversial transgender bathroom law, the league has announced.

The NBA says it will announce a new site in the coming weeks. The NBA also said it hopes to hold the 2019 game in Charlotte "provided there is an appropriate resolution to this matter."

House Bill 2, signed into law in March, prohibits people from entering bathrooms that do not match the sex on their birth certificates -- a distinction many claim discriminates against the LGBT community.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: NBA Takes All Star Game Out Of Charlotte

Good for the NBA.

Esteemed Contributor

So happy to see Charlotte stick to their values. Maybe no basketball game but safe bathrooms for the women.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Alright! Go NBA! 

And who is peeking into the stalls while people use the facilities?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

So happy to see Charlotte stick to their values. Maybe no basketball game but safe bathrooms for the women.

LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I'm not a basketball fan, but good for the NBA for standing up for what is right!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackaranda wrote:

I'm sure that there are a lot of businesses in the area that are very unhappy about losing money.  Bathrooms have never been under attack except by overzealous monitors:/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They could bring it to Milwaukee.  The city could use the influx of tourist dollars, and I've never experienced anything other than relief when occupying any of the bathrooms there.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

I'm sure that there are a lot of businesses in the area that are very unhappy about losing money.  Bathrooms have never been under attack except by overzealous monitors:/

Loosing money is never fun for anyone but that is that hard choice they made. I am glad they stuck to their values. As for bathroom monsters and safety that is your opinion not fact 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

happy b ball

Born and living in N.C. may I say ~

I am SO glad the NBA made this decision.

Ignorant is ignorant and right is right.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras