Honored Contributor

NBA SUSPENDS SEASON DUE TO CORONAVIRUS......

The NBA suspended its season after a Utah Jazz player tested positive Wednesday for the coronavirus.

"The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of [Wednesday's] schedule of games until further notice,'' the league said in a statement issued shortly after 9:30 p.m. ET. "The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.''

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: NBA SUSPENDS SEASON DUE TO CORONAVIRUS......

@Spurt wrote:

The NBA suspended its season after a Utah Jazz player tested positive Wednesday for the coronavirus.

"The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of [Wednesday's] schedule of games until further notice,'' the league said in a statement issued shortly after 9:30 p.m. ET. "The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.''

My son was at the game they cancelled.He had purchased really great tickets as a surprise for his wife's bd.They were not happy.

Honored Contributor

They did the right thing, we can not be taking risks with this. 

Respected Contributor

They did do the right thing.  So much sweat and spit is shared during a game, not to mention the closeness in the locker room.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

They did the right thing, we can not be taking risks with this. 

Ita but young people don't seem to get it.I really wanted my son and his wife to stay away from the game but they went anyway.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The NCAA has announced that all post season tournament games will be played without spectators. I have tickets to the Frozen Four (hockey) in Detroit that are now useless. I’ll get my money back eventually but we’re out the money from a non-refundable hotel package. 

The NCHC ( college hockey league) has also announced that all league playoff games will be played without spectators. I heard this morning that a large group of fans of my favorite team (mostly students) are going to gather in the rink parking lot and cheer on the team from outside. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~