Esteemed Contributor

Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY STATUS FOR VIRUS

@tansy wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@tansy wrote:
How do you treat it if you don’t know what you are dealing with?

You test those presenting with symptoms - particularly the elderly.  You don't set up drive through testing centers and convince the entire population they need to be tested.

Agreed that's reasonable.  Do you know if people need a referral to do the drive-through testing?  I would assume that would be the case.  The drive-through is to protect workers as well as other people.

Yes, they do need a doctor's referral. There's nothing wrong with drive through testing. That's to determine the number of cases and to quarantine them. Working on a serum for a cure takes much longer, even it they isolate the virus. The drive through testing has been very successful in South Korea. My friend's son lives in Seoul, has been tested, and is teaching electronically from his apartment. He's not positive, nor does he have symptoms. The pneumonia corona virus is not bacterial as other pneumonias, so the usual meds for that aren't affective.  Younger people with no health issues are able to get through it. Elderly people with compromised conditions aren't. They end up drowning in their own fluid before any attempts to help begin to take effect. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

They were all shaking hands. And some of them have been exposed to the virus. One guy coughed into his hand on stage and then shook hands with people. I think they need to take a class.

i noticed that, too....but later i noticed Trump stopped shaking hands....

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

They were all shaking hands. And some of them have been exposed to the virus. One guy coughed into his hand on stage and then shook hands with people. I think they need to take a class.

And touching their face.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

Seems to me like a temporary stock market goose so some folks can sell. Would love to be wrong. But I think at least some of those guys have been profiting on all the ups and downs they're creating.

Along with the initial assessment, many responsible people in the medical community are keenly aware of our shortage of appropriate hospital beds and equipment designed to sustain life.  Our ratio of people to these hospital beds is troublesome, much worse than in other developed countries.

Honored Contributor

Off topic, @RainCityWoman, but are you doing okay?  I'm in AZ and staying longer than usual because of CV.  I went to the market this morning and was amazed that the meat counter selections were very limited.  Paper goods and sanitizers were predictably wiped out.  Tried another market but the lines were so long I walked out.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Along with the initial assessment, many responsible people in the medical community it’s are keenly aware of our shortage of appropriate hospital beds and equipment designed to sustain life.  Our ratio of people to these hospital beds is troublesome, much worse than in other developed countries.

I heard a medical person from Italy interviewed. He mentioned this exact problem regarding hospitals and hospital beds. He waid it would come down to who is better able to recover. Those that aren't would be expendable, sad as it seems.

Esteemed Contributor

Be safe all. ❤️🙏

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

And touching their face.

Ew.

If there are testing locations in Walmart and Target parking lots, that would be great if I needed a test and couldn't arrange one another way. I would use one and be grateful for it.

But I would definitely steer very clear from those places if all I wanted to do was go shopping for TP. Local grocery stores should benefit from fewer Walmart and Target shoppers. So that's nice. Pharmacies are already full of sick people, so I won't be hanging around there looking at makeup for a while.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Off topic, @RainCityWoman, but are you doing okay?  I'm in AZ and staying longer than usual because of CV.  I went to the market this morning and was amazed that the meat counter selections were very limited.  Paper goods and sanitizers were predictably wiped out.  Tried another market but the lines were so long I walked out.

So far, so good. I can't get any hand sanitizer or alcohol, and at one point a thermometer, but I am healthy so far. I have asthma and diabetes, so I have to be careful. I've been going to my usual pinochle games, but that may stop as we are certainly becoming more aware of our predicament here. If I were you, I'd stay in Arizona. Supposedly, the virus doesn't thrive in hot weather. My Snobird friends who live at Lake Tapps are staying in Arizona longer this year. I'm trying to stay home, but when I need something I DO have to leave. Yesterday I went to Fred Meyer for groceries, and the checker had a bright red nose and was stuffed up and sniffling. So much for staying home when you're sick!