Honored Contributor

Re: NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CAKE DAY

Thank you, 'visual aids' people---  yum!

Honored Contributor

There's a day for everything now, it's getting a little silly.  But, if I'd known about Chocolate Cake Day I would have made one.  I have cake mix and a can of frosting that I didn't use over the holidays.  I see it every time I open the cabinet.

Respected Contributor

I was not aware of that, I have all the ingredients in the panty...think I will make one!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t know either otherwise I would’ve made one.  

Honored Contributor

I have half a German Chocolate Cake in my freezer.  

I already made a deep dish apple pie this afternoon, and it is too late now to thaw the cake out.  My youngest son is coming for dinner tonight.  He and my DH will eat whatever dessert I make. 

My DH has a BD next week and has asked for white cake with chocolate frosting.  Is there a day for white cake?

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe

Yes!  This was one, I’ll be right over.

That thick icing is calling me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ShowMe

Yes!  This was one, I’ll be right over.

That thick icing is calling me.

@Drythe....it took me a long time to find that cake.  It did really look pretty to me.....and oh so delicious looking too.  Looked homemade, not bakery kind......

Honored Contributor

Little side story:   I just got back from a Sunday evening class I attend.  We had been idly chatting before class, there was a pause in the conversation, and I just blurted out that it was National Chocolate Cake Day.  It got everybody perked up again and talking like crazy-- I guess chocolate does that to people.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe wrote:

See the source image

@ShowMe-

You know it's against the law not to ice the whole thing, right?!

I know this is the in thing now but except for the Macaroni  Grill chocolate cake drizzled with chocolate, it really is against the law😎

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"