Trusted Contributor

Re: NANCY GRACE HOSTING SHOW ON IDAHO MURDER CASE FRIDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN FOX NEWS

[ Edited ]

I used to watch and enjoy Nancy Grace, she seems to have a really evil look about her now.  JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NANCY GRACE HOSTING SHOW ON IDAHO MURDER CASE FRIDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN FOX NEWS

I did not watch this show.  So much will come out at the trial of this suspect so I can wait.  I am aware of evil in the world, and it makes me sick.  

I did hear a sheriff somewhere say “We have the killer.”  I would have expected him to say “We have arrested a suspect.”  Anyone with a shred of experience knows making pronouncements like that spell big trouble - like a defendant using these statements as evidence they cannot get a fair trial.  And for that reason, families of victims speak through an attorney who knows what exactly to say.

Like it or not, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in our democracy.  No matter what they are accused of.  I once regretted not going to law school after college,  but years of working in a law office convinced me I would have been miserable dealing with many scenarios.

Honored Contributor

I might tune in if it was on a different channel. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like good popcorn viewing for sure 

587DB7E8-19EC-493B-B035-D896609E2CC5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23,  I think you laid it out so well.  Nancy Grace's sometimes melodramatic style may not be everyone's cup of tea;  I've not watched her very much in the past, but can see how that could be.  On the other hand, she brings together interesting experts and facilitates their discussions of crime in a knowledgeable and very productive way.

More than that, I respect and so appreciate that strong advocacy she brings to the victims of crime.  She's wholeheartedly on the side of those who've been wronged, who've been damaged irreparably, or even deprived of their lives, by the lawless and the evil in society.  Especially now, with crime raging unchecked (temporarily, I hope) in some quarters,  those who stand on the side of the law and the victims, are our best hope, in my opinion.   

Respected Contributor

Did anyone gain any insight listening to Nancy's show?

Honored Contributor

Did you know that back in 2009, Stephen Soundheim wanted to  produced a play about Nancy Grace?  It was called Tot Mom.  The word play Grace popularize  while covering Casey Anthony.  The play centered around Nancy doing her shows.  Anthony never appeared in the play.  I assuming it was a satire. I don't think they actually named the character Nancy Grace.  Otherwise Grace would have sued them.  At any rate, the play idea went nowhere. 

In the middle 2000's you couldn't go anywhere without hearing about Nancy Grace and her "bombshell tonight" (which always turned out to be nothing).  Then shows like Snap turned up and you forgot all about Nancy. But she's made her comeback.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Well said.

Honored Contributor

Nancy disrespects our Constitution, she's disrespectful of those accused who are innocent unless and until they have been convicted. She mocks those who defend them. In short, she is a despicable human being.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Nancy disrespects our Constitution, she's disrespectful of those accused who are innocent unless and until they have been convicted. She mocks those who defend them. In short, she is a despicable human being.

@occasionalrain ...I agree with what you said, except for the last sentence...It appears that Nancy Grace considers everyone Guilty before any evidence has been brought forward, let alone a trial.

I'm sure you are aware that, many years ago, her fiance' was murdered by a co-worker if I recall correctly and my feelings are that this is what has continued to drive her disdain towards anyone who is charged of a crime...She appears to have an unhealthy drive and resentment towards them which I find disturbing.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~