Esteemed Contributor

Re: N C. Is Going To 75% Resturant Capacity Friday!

Both indoor and outdoor dining have been found, according to data and statistics provided by the state, to be virtual non-contributors to the spread of Covid in NYC and NYS. 

Go to establishments where safety protocols are being followed.   Follow the science,  follow the data, as we are frequently told to do.

Restaurant openings are not a nexus to spread, at least in NYC and NYS.

Honored Contributor

Wisconsin is at 50%.  Our favorite restaurants are permanently closed, so I had to Google to find out.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

With so many having shots, how is your state changing?

@ECBG  In NY we went to 90% a few days ago.

@proudlyfromNJ 

90% is beyond wonderful!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

@proudlyfromNJ  I know that NY restaurants (outside NYC) went up to 75% capacity effective 3/19.  Has that gone up again since 3/19?  Because I can't find that information anywhere.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

With so many having shots, how is your state changing?

@ECBG  In NY we went to 90% a few days ago.

@proudlyfromNJ 

90% is beyond wonderful!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

@proudlyfromNJ  I know that NY restaurants (outside NYC) went up to 75% capacity effective 3/19.  Has that gone up again since 3/19?  Because I can't find that information anywhere.

@Deree  Yes, you're right. I was probably looking at a different state. 75%.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

Florida has been back to normal in dining for months. No increase in diseases. I feel bad for smaller places that didn't have the resources to survive and are out of business. It really was not necessary. 

I agree, @Still Stylish Lady .  Same numbers as the lock down states.  Hopefully, live and learn.  People still wearing masks the same as before, in stores, grocery, and restaurants.  

I am in Washington State and we have had just over 5,000 deaths state wide.  

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

Florida has been back to normal in dining for months. No increase in diseases. I feel bad for smaller places that didn't have the resources to survive and are out of business. It really was not necessary. 

I agree, @Still Stylish Lady .  Same numbers as the lock down states.  Hopefully, live and learn.  People still wearing masks the same as before, in stores, grocery, and restaurants.  

We have been open for a bit here in Texas. And remember people went nuts because there was no more mask mandate. Well last night I went to a corner store that is not exactly fancy and they even required a mask in their store. I wore it and always do inside  stores but I have never worn them outside. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since the national rate of fully vaccinated is only about 15% and only a handful of states have a positive rate at 2% or under, this is not a prudent move.

Not something I would even consider.

Trusted Contributor

While I think it's exciting that our country is opening up which means many will be gainfully employed again I just am so worried. 

I think it's too soon. People need to keep wearing their masks and yes I've heard all the talking heads say that if you've been vaccinated it's okay to no longer wear one. 

I just pray there's not another deadly surge.  I think we just cannot take it anymore, the sadness, the grief and the horror of it. 

Respected Contributor

I live in NC and have been going out to restaurants since mid-May last year when restaurants in SC opened up, then to the NC restaurants when they opened up at the end of May.  I've been going to restaurants one or twice a week, as my friends have and none of us got the virus.  We follow all mask related rules where we go, wearing them into the restaurant and then wearing them if we get up from our table to use the restroom or when we leave.  I've always been a hand washer, that's big with me since I'm a contact lens wearer.  I've been wearing contacts for almost 50 years, never had an eye infection, so hand washing works.  Since I'm big on hand washing, I rarely get colds.  I worked as a tour guide at a major historic venue meeting thousands of people, again, didn't shake hands and when I came in to take a break, I washed my hands, automatically.  I'm retired now but still a big hand washer.  Everyone has to do what they're comfortable with, especially if you have underlying health issues.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really, really dislike the trite phrase "opening up."  Eating at a restaurant,  be it inside or outside is exceptionally safe, per the actual data, if you are cognizant of safety protocols. 

Possibly safer than dining at your kitchen table in close contact with loved ones.