Honored Contributor

Re: Mystery going on at the Dominican Republic

[ Edited ]

According to all earlier reports, these 3 deaths were at the same resort.  I thought the woman who died was married to a doctor and he was there at the time?  

As far as the woman that was beaten, why do we need to know if she was raped?  She was beaten for 8 hours and strangled several times until she was unconsious and then would come to again.  When she said she wasn't going to go into all the details, I'm assuming horrible things were done to her and there is really no reason she needs to let the world know all about them.

Yes these things can and do happen everywhere but as I stated in another thread, in the US they do what they can to investigate crimes like this and get justice for the injured party and put the criminal behind bars.  It is disgusting to me that not only is the resort not interested in doing anything about this but neither are the local police.   The resort pulled down all social media because they were inundated with negative comments from people appalled at what happened and their lack of investigation or even compassion for this woman.

That is why the DR will not get a dime of my money.   

Esteemed Contributor

Just heard on CNN that the blonde woman had a heart attack and the couple were found to have had "internal bleeding and fluid in their lungs".

Now, another couple from Colorado is coming forward, saying they stayed at the same resort and were poisoned.  They were there one year ago this month.

This, all coming from CNN... Jake Tapper

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

According to all earlier reports, these 3 deaths were at the same resort.  I thought the woman who died was married to a doctor and he was there at the time?  

As far as the woman that was beaten, why do we need to know if she was raped?  She was beaten for 8 hours and strangled several times until she was unconsious and then would come to again.  When she said she wasn't going to go into all the details, I'm assuming horrible things were done to her and there is really no reason she needs to let the world know all about them.

Yes these things can and do happen everywhere but as I stated in another thread, in the US they do what they can to investigate crimes like this and get justice for the injured party and put the criminal behind bars.  It is disgusting to me that not only is the resort not interested in doing anything about this but neither are the local police.   The resort pulled down all social media because they were inundated with negative comments from people appalled at what happened and their lack of investigation or even compassion for this woman.

@Lipstickdiva  It’s jmportant to know if she was raped, because it could help identify the attacker with DNA that could be lifted from her clothing. It also establishes a motive for the attacker. There are missing pieces that influence the narrative here. That’s why I questioned whether or not she had been drinking. 

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  It’s jmportant to know if she was raped, because it could help identify the attacker with DNA that could be lifted from her clothing. It also establishes a motive for the attacker. There are missing pieces that influence the narrative here. That’s why I questioned whether or not she had been drinking. 

@MaryLamb   I agree for legal reasons but I think the non-disclosure right now as to whether or not she was raped has to do with her own privacy, and her decision as the victim to disclose or not at this time.

My understanding was that she doesn't know herself if she was raped but that a brief swab was taken.

Of course the DNA is important for an arrest, trial, conviction but right now I support anything the vicitm chooses to disclose or not disclose.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The  lady had a lot of damage to her private area, so ,I am not sure after waiting 48 hrs for testing, and losing blood ,how much evidence there would be left  to  test

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She could have been knocked unconscious, and raped while unconscious, which would explain any "holes" in her story.

She may not have been aware that she had been raped until well after the fact.

And she just might not want to tell the public that she was raped.

That's her right to not share every single gory detail of her attack with the general public.

We do not need to know the minute-by-minute details of everything that happened to her.

The police need to know that.

The doctors need to know that.

Her family need to know that.

We, the general public?

Sorry, but we don't need to know every single minute detail of what happened to her.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The  lady had a lot of damage to her private area, so ,I am not sure after waiting 48 hrs for testing, and losing blood ,how much evidence there would be left  to  test

@cherry If she was wearing clothes during the 8 hour beating, I would imagine her clothes would have caught some kind of DNA from the attacker. You can get DNA from sweat on clothes.

Honored Contributor

Maybe but it took 8 hrs to find her, and then who knows how long, to get treated at the hospital, so the clothing might have been soaked with blood.

He used a club on her, as well as his fists and feet @MaryLamb 

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Maybe but it took 8 hrs to find her, and then who knows how long, to get treated at the hospital, so the clothing might have been soaked with blood.

He used a club on her, as well as his fists and feet @MaryLamb 

@cherry It doesn’t matter if there was blood. It doesn’t wash away. That’s not the way DNA testing works. If I took the tip of my finger and touched your sleeve for a split second, it is probable that my DNA would be on you. Modern science can detect and even separate various people’s DNA from the most minute samples. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope you are right, but .you need to remember where this happened. I don't put much faith in their forensic  capabilities

For all we know it could have been someone in the police force that did this

They treated her shamefully . I put no faith in anything from this bunch @MaryLamb