Honored Contributor

Re: Mystery going on at the Dominican Republic

It sounds like Legionnaire's disease. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I feel it's a little different going to see a Broadway show or a cub game.   We have law enforcement,   In third world countries it's lacking plus a lot of corruption as well .  I wouldn't ever consider goino to any of these places no matter how beautiful !   I'd be scared and worried the whole time there.   The world isn't safe as it wasn't at one time.  If want tropical I'll go to Florida.

@Kitty Galore  Law enforcement is going to be able to do much when you’re dead. 

@MaryLamb   That is true ,   But I'll take my chances on Americsn soil  thank you !

Valued Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I feel it's a little different going to see a Broadway show or a cub game.   We have law enforcement,   In third world countries it's lacking plus a lot of corruption as well .  I wouldn't ever consider goino to any of these places no matter how beautiful !   I'd be scared and worried the whole time there.   The world isn't safe as it wasn't at one time.  If want tropical I'll go to Florida.

@Kitty Galore  Law enforcement is going to be able to do much when you’re dead. 

@MaryLamb   That is true ,   But I'll take my chances on Americsn soil  thank you !

@Kitty Galore  Sounds good. By the way, there have been 9 mass shootings in Florida since January 1, 2019. 

Trusted Contributor

My son is going to Punta Cana for a destination wedding next month. Now I am not so thrilled. He was told by the wedding planner that all guests are requested to stay within the resort area and not go exploring elsewhere, so apparently it is not a safe island.

He was told this before all these deaths happened. I don't think I would have a destination wedding there. Off topic but I cannot believe how much money he is paying to go to said wedding! Ridiculous amount.

Honored Contributor

These are dangerous times.....

Thank our lucky stars for the advancements of modern medicine.

Otherwise, there wouldn't be as many living on earth right now.

And that's for sure.

Wishing all of the mentioned here well, with quick recoveries.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The account of the woman beaten and left for dead ,at a posh resort, doesn't give me any faith in their police either.

Or the safety of a posh resort, she said the assistant was wearing a resort uniform

Trusted Contributor

I've been to Punta Cana numerous times and loved it. We stayed in hotels that were guarded by men with guns. There was a reason for this. Nothing bad happened at anytime while we were there. You had to use bottled water, delivered to your room daily, to even brush your teeth. I don't know about the water situation now, if they've built a water plant, etc. I would be interested to know if the water they used was from the fawcetts or bottled, though thinking back, we bathed in the island water. Ugh, now that I think of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The account of the woman beaten and left for dead ,at a posh resort, doesn't give me any faith in their police either.

Or the safety of a posh resort, she said the assistant was wearing a resort uniform

@cherry  Something more is going on in these resorts that's for sure.😏

Valued Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I've been to Punta Cana numerous times and loved it. We stayed in hotels that were guarded by men with guns. There was a reason for this. Nothing bad happened at anytime while we were there. You had to use bottled water, delivered to your room daily, to even brush your teeth. I don't know about the water situation now, if they've built a water plant, etc. I would be interested to know if the water they used was from the fawcetts or bottled, though thinking back, we bathed in the island water. Ugh, now that I think of it.

@wishmoon Most resorts in the Caribbean have water filtration systems nowadays. I’ve never had any stomach issues in my travels. Whenever I see someone risking their toothbrush or mouth with bottled water, I always remind them that the drink they’re ordering from the bar has ice in it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Pick your Florida location with great care.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.