Honored Contributor

I see this so frequently, esp. on my emails from the sites of Bare Minerals and Philosophy.  This is absolutely no incentive for me to make a purchase.  I don't want to buy a "pig in a poke" as the old expression goes.   How do I know I would like or use even one of the "mystery" products in the gift with purchase?

Does anyone here think a mystery gift with purchase is any incentive to make a purchase?  Not for me!

Respected Contributor

Re: Mystery Gift With Purchase

Never! Ever! I like GWP sometimes, though but not a mystery.

Respected Contributor

Hello, Pearley. Smiley Happy

Just my opinion, I like mystery gifts.

I ordered something from Nick Chavez' site when he was doing a special and the mystery gift was a lovely bottle of Red Carpet nail polish.

I think if someone doesn't like a mystery gift, they can give it to a friend/family member or donate it.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee I agree that mysterious gifts won't drive me to purchase.I like to know what I am getting. When I need incentive to pull the trigger it would have to be a gwp that seemed useful or included an item that I wanted to try.I think mystery gifts are products that aren't selling and they want them gone.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I see this so frequently, esp. on my emails from the sites of Bare Minerals and Philosophy.  This is absolutely no incentive for me to make a purchase.  I don't want to buy a "pig in a poke" as the old expression goes.   How do I know I would like or use even one of the "mystery" products in the gift with purchase?

Does anyone here think a mystery gift with purchase is any incentive to make a purchase?  Not for me!

@Pearlee ... No way! Mystery gifts are not an incentive for me to make a purchase. Who needs another tote bag that is just a big empty hole with no pockets in it? Or...who needs a set of sample products that are supposedly a "universal color that looks good on everyone?" I must be the exception, as those universal colors never look good on me. Besides, if they can afford to give a mystery gift, they can afford to lower the price of the product a little more.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Pearlee I agree that mysterious gifts won't drive me to purchase.I like to know what I am getting. When I need incentive to pull the trigger it would have to be a gwp that seemed useful or included an item that I wanted to try.I think mystery gifts are products that aren't selling and they want them gone.

@dex  I have always thought this too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted a product from Tatcha so I ordered it from their site because they were having a complimentary lucky bag valued at $100.  I wasn't expecting much...maybe a few travel size or,  as stated, something that wasn't selling well.  I received it today and I received, free, the luminous hydration firming serum, full size, and a trave size of the gentle rice enzyme powder.  Both things that I will definitely use.  I was very impressed!

Honored Contributor

Last year I purchased a bed in a bag from an on-line retailer for a friend of mine, it was around Mother's Day and it was advertised that a free gift was available too with purchase, the free gift arrived first and she called and thanked me for the necklace. It turned out to be a beautiful mother of pearl heart necklace. This made her day. Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I put this mystery gift in my cart,then had a code for ten dollars off,applied that and since it brought the purchase below fifty dollars I got charged shipping. So needless to say I did not buy it ! Plus I called CS a while ago,asking why stacking coupon codes didnt work. They said the policy changed,you can only use one code at a time. I am getting more and more turned off by the BE site. Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

@luv2lift wrote:

I put this mystery gift in my cart,then had a code for ten dollars off,applied that and since it brought the purchase below fifty dollars I got charged shipping. So needless to say I did not buy it ! Plus I called CS a while ago,asking why stacking coupon codes didnt work. They said the policy changed,you can only use one code at a time. I am getting more and more turned off by the BE site. Smiley Frustrated

Forgot to add GWP, was if you spent at least fifteen dollars,more than the mystery gift. Feel like I'm forced to buy more to get the GWP. UGH!