Respected Contributor

Re: My world has come crashing down

I just said a prayer for both of you.  Being sick is hard and being a caregiver is hard.  My husband had a different kind of cancer 7 years ago and it was a scary time and full of uncertainty.  I just prayed and tried to get through it one day at a time.  He is now recovering from another surgery unrelated and I pray for the patience and ability to be strong for him.  It does wear you down so take care of yourself as well.  It will do no good for either of you if you fall apart or get sick or over tired.   The physcial therapist said I could come in with him but I was thinking no way....I will use that hour to go to store and walk around and get my mind on something else.  We have been married for 30 years and it has been one thing after another so I have learned self preservation.  Prayers and good wishes.

Honored Contributor

Praying for both of you, as you navigate this journey..

Keep the faith
Respected Contributor

Tina ...thanks for the update.  Prayers ascending for you and your family.

Honored Contributor

Praying that these are the first steps on the road to healing and recovery!  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:I just wanted to  let you precious people know that yesterday was John's first Chemo treatment.  Now we know the process and what to expect at each fusion of Chemo. So far today he is doing good but is very tired,alittle achey with a headache.  I know  it could be worse but all in all I feel like a rock was lifted off my chest.  The next session I will now more what to do and bring with me.Thank you for your continued prayers.  We have  7 more sessions then the surgery followed by series of radiation. God Bless all of you

Honored Contributor

@Tina From Georgia wrote:

UPDATE:I just wanted to  let you precious people know that yesterday was John's first Chemo treatment.  Now we know rhe process and what ti expect at each fusion of Chemo. So far today he is doing good but is very tired,alittle achey with a headache.  I know  it could be worse but all in all I feel like a rock was lifted off my chest.  The next session I will now more what to do and bring with me.Thank you for your continued prayers.  We have  7 more sessions then the surgery followed by series of rsdistion.  God Bless all of you

Thank you so much for the update! One step at a time. You are doing it exactly right. You just learn as you go and keep adjusting.

Sending you warm and encouraging vibes. And warm and healing thoughts to your wonderful John.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I don't know what to say.  I'm so sorry and I will keep you both in my prayers.

I don't think they are closing the boards.  i think they've decided to keep them.

May GOD watch over you both.

Love, yangya

XXXOOO

Honored Contributor

@Tina From Georgia I am still thinking of you two and praying for you!  I am confident that prayers will help you through this!  Accept help that people offer you!  You will bless them and you by doing it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both my husband and  have gone through cancer.   And let me tell you, the waiting is more lethal to the mind than the cancer I think.  horrible.  But please be hopeful.  We both had bad diagnosis, especially my  husbands prostate cancer.  It was grim.  That was nearly 15 years ago and clean as a whistle.   Who ever said a whistle is clean...lol IDK!!  But here we are.  The waiting sent me into a tailspin of  anxiety and panic attacks.    But it is the results that count   And it turned out well for us....and others I have known.  Please keep hope in your heart   Best wishes

Trusted Contributor

I will pray for you an your husband.