Esteemed Contributor

Re: My world has come crashing down

So sorry you are both going through this. You are now on my prayer chain. Please let us know how it's going. God bless. 🙏❤️

Honored Contributor

CA50143.jpg

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@Tina From Georgia wrote:

UPDATE

I want to thank so many of you that touched my heart with your replies.  I have felt so alone but when i read your replies I could feel the love and support.  The oncologist is suppose to call us this week with results if anywhere else in body and  set up chemo & radiation.  He did tell us that he needed to shrink the tumor because of size then do surgery..  This has been the longest week of life. Again, THank YOU for all prayers. Prayers do woirk...

This is the exact path that the young woman I know went on. If you do not have a patient portal set up...you might as results (good and bad) of scans are posted there first. probably before your doctor will call. Some peolpe maynot want to see their results.

Also, most oncologist have a nurse who is the one you will probably communicate with.

As far as radiation is concerned, 7 weeks proton radiation shrunk my friends tumor considerably. As in killed most of it. FYI it took many weeks before the shrinking was obvious. It seemed to enlarge at first and the doctor said that is the response to radiation making the tumor "mad". It continued to shrink after radiation was complete. Then scans and then surgery. Maybe  2-3 weeks after.

Again just one persons experience.

Things never move as fast as you want. Radiation takes time to set up. Insurance approval and getting the "cast" to guide it. I am talking maybe 3 weeks at least.

This is a marathon...not a sprint. Radiation is exhausting to the patient. Get stuff done in advance around the house. Bless you and your husband.There is hope for sure.

Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:

THe PA called and stated that the pathologist decided to send the biopsy back for another test.  Now me and my husband both said Is this good or bad? I don't know what to think of this new development.  Now we wait another week

Again, thank you for your prayers and support

Super Contributor

My prayers and positive thoughts are with you.  Put it in God's hands and trust Him.

Honored Contributor

Prayed for you tonight at Church. Stay strong.

Respected Contributor

@Tina From Georgia, I would think of it as a positive thing in that it seems they're hoping for more details and specifics. That would provide them with an understanding for the best course of treatment. 

Trusted Contributor

So many here care about you and what your husband is dealing with right now. It is so thoughtful of you to update everyone. Many of us continue to pray for the very best outcome and for strength, courage and peace for you both.❤️

Trusted Contributor

Prayers for vomfort and healing. Sending you a cyber hug/

Honored Contributor

sending prayers to you and ur DH

breeathe.....

light and love