Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  today i was in starbucks and lady came in with a pretty dress on.  the barista stated how nice she looked.  she was quite flustered by the compliment.  Then another gentlemen said..."go where you are celebrated not tolerated"  Those words stuck with me all day.  so that is my wish for all you!!  Hang out with those that celebrate you!!

Honored Contributor

can't think of any.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

can't think of any.

Gotta agree. Tha harder I work, the more I strive, the more I'm hated.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

can't think of any.

@SharkE 

I know we're mostly anonymous here however there are some posters that I find engaging, charming, funny and educational and you're one of them.

I know what the OP was talking about, probably in person connections but I can't imagine you are much different than what you portray here and I like it.  No BS and fun to read your comments, I appreciate you.

Trusted Contributor

Aww @SharkE  I love you girl. Your posts always crack me up.Heart

Honored Contributor

Good to know ! Thanks all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My wish for you!

[ Edited ]

@Franklinbell wrote:

Hello friends!  today i was in starbucks and lady came in with a pretty dress on.  the barista stated how nice she looked.  she was quite flustered by the compliment.  Then another gentlemen said..."go where you are celebrated not tolerated"  Those words stuck with me all day.  so that is my wish for all you!!  Hang out with those that celebrate you!!

@Franklinbell 

Been around here for well over 20 years, one of the few male gender contributors. Over those years I have experienced both. Some from certain other contributors, some on certain replies I made on a specific thread, or post.

I am not one that really gets too concerned about what others, that do not know me, think of me or what I say. Celebrate or Tolerate at their pleasure. 

On these forums over my many years I have had both. If I didn't enjoy participating on certain topics, from mostly lady contributors?  I would have left years ago. One of the best things while being here is how much I have learned from others that post. Even met 2 contributors in person over the years.

My life is what I have made it, and one I am happy living. Can do without either and it would have no effect on my day to day life. Others I have followed here over the years?  

hckynut🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Same....don't care.  I enjoy the forum family and look fo...

Same....don't care.  I enjoy the forum family and look forward to the posts so many intelligent, humorous, and compassionate posts.  The disagreements are usually appropriate. 

I tend to hang with people who have a positive frame of mind or a quirky sense of humor. Like minds attract... but each of us is different and I support a different point of view.  

It was a supportive/positive comment that was made by the barista.  There will always be those who disagree with our point of view, and even the occasional acerbic comment.  It is unavoidable that occasionally we will be faced with an inappropriate comment and best just to ignore moving on.

@SharkE   I enjoy your wit and quirky point of view.  It is the infrequent personal attacks on the board of anyone that gives me pause,  but easily move on and ignore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see the original post as being about these forums at all.

I see it as being about being in the world every day doing the most boring everyday things, and the fact that a kind word or gesture can celebrate others rather than tolerate them. Makes the world less cruel and impersonal, and it's something everyone can do.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I don't see the original post as being about these forums at all.

I see it as being about being in the world every day doing the most boring everyday things, and the fact that a kind word or gesture can celebrate others rather than tolerate them. Makes the world less cruel and impersonal, and it's something everyone can do.

I agree with you @Greeneyedlady21 . It can apply to posters here and those we choose to be with in our every day lives.

I hate to bring up Covid (again), but I think that was a strong influence on what people are willing to put up with re: folks around them and have cut loose those that are toxic and negative. 

The world is in turmoil and I need only positive, most of the time thoughtful and joyful people around me.