Honored Contributor

Re: My visit to the bank went ....OK!

BOA has closed all the drive thrus here

try mobile deposit

it's very easy, I don't get many checks but use it when I do

Honored Contributor

@elatedOK!   Mostly I get all incoming $$$ direct depositied, but for some reason I get a quarterly check from one source that has to come the old-fashioned way.  Now's the time to learn to deposit it the new way.

Thanks for the clear encouragement.

Honored Contributor

I prefer mobile deposit rather than depositing the check through the ATM.  I get an instant confirmation that the deposit is pending.  And I get to physically keep the check.

I will never deposit a check through the ATM again.  Something happened with the ATM and my deposit didn't go through.  I had to wait 10 days for the bank to send me a copy of the check to deposit again.  

Honored Contributor

I have never tried mobile banking at all because I don't trust it. And I also don't deposit through the ATM. 

Maybe I need to rethink that the next time I have a need. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I've been thinking about using my bank's mobile app. And now since all banking has to be done thru the drive thru, I'm going to start.

Dh has been using the app for years and loves the convenience. 

Honored Contributor

I got an email from TD Bank this morning that they are closing everything but the drive-thru.

If you have to do anything inside with a person you need to make an appointment.

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@elated wrote:

Mobile deposit is so easy. I would recommend you try it.

You just take a picture of the front and back of the check. Make sure to sign the back For Mobile deposit only and your signature. I do it all the time and I get an email from my bank confirming the mobile deposit. If the pictures are not good, you must retry but it tells you.

Save yourself time and effort. I know you will be able to do it.

Most of my deposits are automatic.  I just had this check someone sent me.  Normally I never thought of the phone check thing.  So I investigated.  I googled it.  My bank has the app.  Still on the fence about trying it. the image of the check becomes the real thing.  I guess you keep the original check till it clears in your account.  This is last frontier stuff!   Thank you for commenting abouy it.

Songbird - you can do it!  I live a mile from our branches and we use mobile deposit all the time.  I think you'll like it!

Esteemed Contributor

I wear gloves to ATM and wipe the screen and buttons .  Spray my gloves with alcohol, my card with wipes and spray the cash.  I leave cash in garage for a day .  That,s the only time I go to bank, to get cash.  I don,t get checks.  Retired.  Direct deposit from Government and retirement.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When i go the bank drive thru I have been wearing gloves and taking them off once I get the envelope out of the tube.

Spray gloves with alcohol when I get home and leave them in the garage.