Respected Contributor

When my husband reitred 15 years ago the health insurance was

costing us 80 thousand dollars a year ....

and owning your own business .. it doesn't matter how many

managers or bosses you have .. every problem ends up right

in your lap ....

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom  We do not file W-2's.

I'm glad you were approved, were there a lot of hoops to jump thru?

We have friends that own a carry out, their accountant advised against the loan/grant...said it was going to be a nightmare...so far they are hanging on, but if things don't improve they will need to apply..before the money is gone, and they have had two employees quit...one worked just one day!

Super Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Spacrazy wrote:

@Mom2Dogs Not sure what they did but three people close to me got their money for their small businesses and and employees right away (hair stylist, dog groomer and diner/cafe). I know they were on phones and computers from first notification.

You have to be extremely diligent. And pick times that are "off hours".  Set an alarm if one has to...middle of the night/very early morning.  A plan is everything.

Yes, you do have to be diligent, but there is something else going on (first round)...big banks/big businesses were scooping up the money.  We bank at a huge bank and they did nothing after constant phone calls each morning checking on the status of our claim.  DH filled out the request the same day the PPP was opened up.  Just because you plan doesn't mean it is going to pan out for you.  We eventually went to a smaller bank, they wanted our business and came through for us (second round).  You have no idea the stress and strain this causes a lot of mall business owners across the country hoping to save their business and keep employees.  We kept our employees on and feel very fortunate that we were able to do so.

With all due respect, just because a person may not discuss personal details on the internet, does not mean they do not know what they speak.  From experience.      Starting a sentence with "you have no idea" is not warranted.  And you are incorrect in your assumption.  What you experienced may or may not be the same for another or others.  This is a great  big world and your experience where you live is not mine.  As well, did not state making a plan does equates to guaranteed success.  A plan is a positive tool intended to work to achieve the end goal.    

@BeautyLver :  I stand by my comments.  Please leave me alone.  This is not the first time you have come after me.  

Come after you???? Have zero idea who you even are.  Maybe take a step back, take a breath and turn down the dramatic comments.  Yikes!! 

Respected Contributor

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Spacrazy wrote:

@Mom2Dogs Not sure what they did but three people close to me got their money for their small businesses and and employees right away (hair stylist, dog groomer and diner/cafe). I know they were on phones and computers from first notification.

You have to be extremely diligent. And pick times that are "off hours".  Set an alarm if one has to...middle of the night/very early morning.  A plan is everything.

Yes, you do have to be diligent, but there is something else going on (first round)...big banks/big businesses were scooping up the money.  We bank at a huge bank and they did nothing after constant phone calls each morning checking on the status of our claim.  DH filled out the request the same day the PPP was opened up.  Just because you plan doesn't mean it is going to pan out for you.  We eventually went to a smaller bank, they wanted our business and came through for us (second round).  You have no idea the stress and strain this causes a lot of mall business owners across the country hoping to save their business and keep employees.  We kept our employees on and feel very fortunate that we were able to do so.

With all due respect, just because a person may not discuss personal details on the internet, does not mean they do not know what they speak.  From experience.      Starting a sentence with "you have no idea" is not warranted.  And you are incorrect in your assumption.  What you experienced may or may not be the same for another or others.  This is a great  big world and your experience where you live is not mine.  As well, did not state making a plan does equates to guaranteed success.  A plan is a positive tool intended to work to achieve the end goal.    

@BeautyLver :  I stand by my comments.  Please leave me alone.  This is not the first time you have come after me.  

Come after you???? Have zero idea who you even are.  Maybe take a step back, take a breath and turn down the dramatic comments.  Yikes!! 

LOL...that has always been your comments.   I'm nobody, trust me just trying to help my fellow posters with what we have experienced.  

Honored Contributor

Re: My turn to vent

[ Edited ]

My industry is closed down right now and for the forseeable future. If the place I work out of is closed much longer the owner will have to close permanently.  I will be hard pressed to find somewhere else to go as others in our industry will either shrink or go under as well.   My stimulus money is spoken for and so is my Unemployment.  And the unemployment money isn't going to last past July.

As a single homeowner and independent contractor, I need every dime of this money to keep me afloat.

Not all of us who are receiving unemployment are going out for massages and whatever other "fun" things are out there to do.  I do understand your frustration though, @Mom2Dogs.  I get irritated when well off friends whine to me about how they have to sell their boat or summer home or some krap like that.

Esteemed Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@elated wrote:

I think the extra $600 for unemployment goes through the end of July. This is not a forever pay day. Also, I would think it the employee refuses to come back to work the employer can notify the state and let them know. If they refuse to go back, they should not reap the benefits. I knew this extra money would cause a problem. How they came to a figure of $600 is unbelievable. 

I hope everything works out for you. It has to be hard with everything happening. Just don't give up.

But employers have to remember that some of these employees now have kids at home and if they go back to work what are they going to do with their kids? Most schools are not going to be re-opening before new school year and most daycares are closed except for those taking first responder kids.

Do you real!y think that is an employer's problem? That is just nonsense.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot ...sorry for what you are going thru...hopefully things in your area pick up soon. It's hard enough to lose your job let alone a business you built that goes under and not at your own hands.

My friend never fails to remind our group of friends that she is single and manages to do all things on her own....which is why I was so surprised when she mentioned what she did today..not that I care what she does with her money but on the other hand she likes to play the being single card a lot....single income, having to do all projects with out help, etc. etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I remember saying weeks ago that my sister and her son own a small business and they have already received money for the business also unemployment benefits.

I was hoping by now that you and DH were getting some kind of help.

I know a few people mentioned this but I will say it again. Go to irs.gov and ¨Get my Payment¨ and see what it says. You only have to put your SS#, date of birth and address.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04   I did go to the website and as I got further into it I needed our gross adjusted income from our taxes.  DH is going to bring home our tax packet so I can get the information...thanks for your input.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I don´t remember ¨Get my Payment¨ asking for that information when I did it. Maybe they do now.

You turn will come, and everything will be alright.