Honored Contributor

My town’s Nordstrom is closing

The following is from Forbes, but info is widely reported

In post-coronavirus planning, Nordstrom’s management is taking the lead by announcing a major restructuring of the company and the closing of 16 full-line stores.

Among the closings are stores located in Annapolis, Maryland; Miami and Naples Florida; Flatiron Crossing, Colorado; Chandler, Arizona; Short Pump Town Center in Richmond, Virginia; Hurst Texas; Happy Valley Oregon; and West Farms, Connecticut. In California, stores in Santa Barbara, Riverside, Escondido, Pleasanton, Sacramento and Montclair will not reopen. The store in San Juan Puerto Rico will also not reopen. It is anticipated that some associates will not be recalled. Some Rack stores might also not be reopened.
Honored Contributor

Re: My town’s Nordstrom is closing

@bikerbabeThanks for the list.  I've been in several of the listed stores but not recently.  The store 2 minutes from home is not listed; I'll hold my breat for them -- and me!.

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe, sorry to hear that.  We don't have a Nordstrom's here, but still hate to hear about the closings.  Retail is probably really going to struggle.  They were struggling due to so much online ordering before the virus and with retail stores being closed during this time, I imagine it is going to be really difficult for some stores. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor

Does this mean that the first group mentioned MAY reopen since the rest read "they will not reopen"? Am I reading it wrong?

Thank you for posting this, btw.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Oh man, this is sad news, I love Nordie, but am mainly an online shopper.  When I go to my daughters, I visit the one in Topanga,  when I go in, I think why don't I go on more often.  All the stores are really hit hard.  Nordstrom has even in trouble for a while  not huge, but they  did revamp.  Hence the huge inventory of online selections and items at a lower price point.  I think they really veered off track  a bit with their vendors.  Taking on more of their own label at lower price point, and loosing many long time vendors.

i have to travel far to a nordie store  so online is my option.  I am really sad about nordie, Neiman and Macy's.  These are long time established stores that were always there when I needed them  very sad.  And the employees  oh sad, sad sad

Valued Contributor

My nearest Nordies is on the closure list.  There's another one about 40 minutes away.  It's sad what's happening in retail, and it's been going on even before the virus hit.

I'm mostly an online shoipper, but I'm sorry for the employees.  I have to say, though, I haven't liked the merchandise at Nordie's in recent times as much as I did in years passed.   Some nice things, still,  but many trendy, kind of cheap looking things that seem overpriced to me.  They have had a big sale going on lately and I did make some puchases, in spite of wondering when and where I would wear them.  

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Does this mean that the first group mentioned MAY reopen since the rest read "they will not reopen"? Am I reading it wrong?

Thank you for posting this, btw.

@FiddleDeeDee 

All the locations listed will close permanently. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know that many people who have been laid off, or have been working from home, are looking forward to getting back to their office or place of business. Unfortunately, many of them will not be asked to return. Some will just be fired and others will find their company cannot re-open. It is a sad state of affairs for sure. I hate that many who think they still have a job really don't. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our Nordstrom's in Anchorage, AK. closed September of last year.  Feel badly for all the people that will lose their jobs.

I miss not being able to go, have been shopping at Nordstrom's for a very long time.  Thank goodness for online shopping.

Contributor

I also read that the Nordstrom’s at Freehold Raceway Mall in NJ is closing too.