Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,947
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Freedom does not mean or condone causing harm to innocent people.

 

Veterans gave up a lot to fight for what true freedom is and that has nothing to do with those who refuse to wear a mask.

 

That is not freedom.

 

But we all know that, though some like to perpetuate that idea.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,551
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: My thoughts today

[ Edited ]

SMH ....another debate on wearing a mask or not wearing a mask....

 

my god these brave men and women had and have a lot more to think about than a wearing a  mask ... 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,970
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@september wrote:

@CLHS68   Good points made!  

I hope to get to "visit" with my dad and uncle in the state veterans cemetery this weekend.  They made great sacrifices.  If they were alive today, I wonder what they would think of the ones who can't deal with some of the minor inconveniences we have to "put up with". 


________________________________________________________

 

@september Boy, isn't that the truth!   The sacrfices they made for the greater good was something they just did.  Heart


* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,244
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

My dad was in Korea..and never, ever talked about the war.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,244
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@jannabelle1 wrote:

JMO, but comparing our Veterans to people who do/don't wear masks seems to be a stretch. Our military puts their lives on the line to preserve our freedoms. The people during this pandemic who choose not to wear a mask in a public venue are a whole 'nother group.

 

 


@jannabelle1   I TOTALLY agree with your response.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,914
Registered: ‎09-05-2014

I've read this entire thread but don't see anywhere a connection between Veterans and their service and mask wearing.  Can someone please clarify?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,970
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@jannabelle1 wrote:

JMO, but comparing our Veterans to people who do/don't wear masks seems to be a stretch. Our military puts their lives on the line to preserve our freedoms. The people during this pandemic who choose not to wear a mask in a public venue are a whole 'nother group.

 

 


@jannabelle1   I TOTALLY agree with your response.


____________________________________________________

 

@jannabelle1   @Mom2Dogs 

 

Well, I go on what my husband ( a Vietnam Veteran) and many of his buddies say & feel.  They have expressed this in more ways than one.  So if they see a comparison of the sacrifices they made in the jungles of Vietnam to take care of their fellow soldiers and others out there in the country not complying with what they see are simple guidelines to save other lives, that is all I need.   One of them has said the military motto of "leave no one behind" needs to now be changed to "each man for himself" and ponders how this new mantra of thinking of only yourself and your rights are more important than someone else's rights will be reflected into military recruitment for the future. 

 

Although I am not saying every Veteran feels that way, but these particular Vets do.  And I am pretty sure these particular combat veterans earned the right to make their comparisons. 

 

 


* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,036
Registered: ‎07-25-2010

@pitdakota wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@jannabelle1 wrote:

JMO, but comparing our Veterans to people who do/don't wear masks seems to be a stretch. Our military puts their lives on the line to preserve our freedoms. The people during this pandemic who choose not to wear a mask in a public venue are a whole 'nother group.

 

 


@jannabelle1   I TOTALLY agree with your response.


____________________________________________________

 

@jannabelle1   @Mom2Dogs 

 

Well, I go on what my husband ( a Vietnam Veteran) and many of his buddies say & feel.  They have expressed this in more ways than one.  So if they see a comparison of the sacrifices they made in the jungles of Vietnam to take care of their fellow soldiers and others out there in the country not complying with what they see are simple guidelines to save other lives, that is all I need.   One of them has said the military motto of "leave no one behind" needs to now be changed to "each man for himself" and ponders how this new mantra of thinking of only yourself and your rights are more important than someone else's rights will be reflected into military recruitment for the future. 

 

Although I am not saying every Veteran feels that way, but these particular Vets do.  And I am pretty sure these particular combat veterans earned the right to make their comparisons. 

 

 


Your post was very thought-provoking, @pitdakota .  Thank you for sharing.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,970
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@alicedee, Thanks. I will pass that along since technically it is what this particular group of vets talk about.  Those are their thoughts and how this particular group of vets feel.   

 

 

 


* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,551
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I've read this entire thread but don't see anywhere a connection between Veterans and their service and mask wearing.  Can someone please clarify?


It can't be clarified @Johnnyeager because it is "ridiculous" to even try to make this connection or comparison🤷‍♀️

 

There is no comparison to a person wearing a mask to one who has served our country or gave their life in the name of FREEDOM for EVERY American...🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

 

God Bless Them and the USA

 

.