Respected Contributor

I have to admit I had avoided Wal-Mart because of my bad experiences in normal times (usually slow and inconsiderate service, long lines, etc).  In desperation for cleaning supplies I ventured in.  IMO they were doing better job than most in keeping people apart and carts clean.  I have been there more in last two months than any other place.  Tried grocery pick up and it was very fine.  I have to adjust to having another pick my stuff out and not browsing.  I am thankful they had stuff I needed.  Never thought I would be praising Wal-Mart.

Trusted Contributor

This virus lives for underlying conditions. So if you have any,  covid makes it worse. That's how the virus for the most part attacks the body.  You have to be aware of this by now. That's why they say the elderly and people with underlying conditions are more at risk. And as the age level goes down the risk is in fact lower.  Yes there have be a very small amount of people who for the most part were "perfectly healthy" and still had a hard time with the virus.  But we don't know them, nor do we really know their health.  Heck you hear about athletes dropping dead on playing fields from a completely unknown health issue.  If you think your healthy and dont do regular checkups how do you know if you have an underlying condition or not?  

And I will be happy to explain my reasoning on it being safer now.  But to insult me by telling me I am "uninformed"?  without ever considering there is a quite valid point that you have overlooked was really not necessary.  It is a less riskier envionment, if you step out of the covid obsessed myopic virus view.  Be aware that covid is one of only hundreds of thousands of viruses out there.  But since covid splashed onto the scene, people have been washing their hands (some who very seldom did), children are even being very careful washing their hands, cleaning surfaces that were very infrequently cleaned if ever and keeping them clean, staying home when sick, whereas people still used to drag themselves out and around.  Buildings are cleaner.  People are paying attention to transmittable means and surfaces.   Those other viruses (including the flu) will have a harder time in a cleaner world.  People are staying away from each other.  Not sharing drinks, food etc.  Yes people still get together but it's still not the parties that used to be.  So yes this virus is out there.  There are a whole lot of positive people from what were are told.  But you never see how many out of those "surge" are actually asymtomatic or mild symptoms and never go to the hospital.  That ratio and the actual number who die from it...not with it (and there is a difference).  make up the actual percentage of how lethal it really is.  

On July 16th  the number of cases in the United States was around 3,512,000 and the number of deaths was around 137,000. That would make the case fatality rate 3.9%, so based on confirmed cases, about 96% of people survive.  But because of the significant number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic people with COVID-19, the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention estimates the number of infected people could be 10 times the number of confirmed cases. Using the current numbers, that means more than 30 million people could have been infected, which would make the infection fatality rate 0.4% -- meaning 99.6% of people survive the virus.

Health officials have confirmed the survival rate for people with the coronavirus (COVID-19) is high. It really is.  Yes there are those that still have issues after fighting it but they recover.  In the end it has always been no matter the virus if you have underlying medical conditions you will be at a higher risk of complications.  Everyone can get this, but a vast majority have little to no symptoms.  

Trusted Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

This virus lives for underlying conditions. So if you have any,  covid makes it worse. That's how the virus for the most part attacks the body.  You have to be aware of this by now. That's why they say the elderly and people with underlying conditions are more at risk. And as the age level goes down the risk is in fact lower.  Yes there have be a very small amount of people who for the most part were "perfectly healthy" and still had a hard time with the virus.  But we don't know them, nor do we really know their health.  Heck you hear about athletes dropping dead on playing fields from a completely unknown health issue.  If you think your healthy and dont do regular checkups how do you know if you have an underlying condition or not?  

And I will be happy to explain my reasoning on it being safer now.  But to insult me by telling me I am "uninformed"?  without ever considering there is a quite valid point that you have overlooked was really not necessary.  It is a less riskier envionment, if you step out of the covid obsessed myopic virus view.  Be aware that covid is one of only hundreds of thousands of viruses out there.  But since covid splashed onto the scene, people have been washing their hands (some who very seldom did), children are even being very careful washing their hands, cleaning surfaces that were very infrequently cleaned if ever and keeping them clean, staying home when sick, whereas people still used to drag themselves out and around.  Buildings are cleaner.  People are paying attention to transmittable means and surfaces.   Those other viruses (including the flu) will have a harder time in a cleaner world.  People are staying away from each other.  Not sharing drinks, food etc.  Yes people still get together but it's still not the parties that used to be.  So yes this virus is out there.  There are a whole lot of positive people from what were are told.  But you never see how many out of those "surge" are actually asymtomatic or mild symptoms and never go to the hospital.  That ratio and the actual number who die from it...not with it (and there is a difference).  make up the actual percentage of how lethal it really is.  

On July 16th  the number of cases in the United States was around 3,512,000 and the number of deaths was around 137,000. That would make the case fatality rate 3.9%, so based on confirmed cases, about 96% of people survive.  But because of the significant number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic people with COVID-19, the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention estimates the number of infected people could be 10 times the number of confirmed cases. Using the current numbers, that means more than 30 million people could have been infected, which would make the infection fatality rate 0.4% -- meaning 99.6% of people survive the virus.

Health officials have confirmed the survival rate for people with the coronavirus (COVID-19) is high. It really is.  Yes there are those that still have issues after fighting it but they recover.  In the end it has always been no matter the virus if you have underlying medical conditions you will be at a higher risk of complications.  Everyone can get this, but a vast majority have little to no symptoms.  

I can NOT read this screed you've typed here, and wear a mask, keep my distance, and shop earlier than I might like otherwise.

AND I'm living my life, without causing distress to others.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@eadu4   Thank you for the lectures in all of your posts. Please don't be surprised if everyone does not agree with your theories.

And don't be surprised if most of us don't bother reading the sermons ...

Valued Contributor

Every time I think that maybe as a nation we are starting to make progress and become more knowledgeable something or someone will remind me not to be so optimistic. 

No point in even trying to debate it, because "the problem" doesn't see that they are "the problem". 

I did want to say though stop with the projecting that people are acting responsible (wearing a mask, social distancing) because of fear. It's not fear. It's being socially responsible and caring for your fellow human being. 

I don't call that fear. I call that admirable

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I was at the closest Walmart to us which is a little smaller.  I got what I wanted and left.  

I had cash I want to get rid of and was told to change lanes but there was no sign.  Figure.  Also she hadn't been able to get pennies, so I gave her some in my change in payment.

Esteemed Contributor

My shopping trips to Walmart ended a couple of months ago. The empty shelves, the number of employees in the aisles filling online orders, and the amount of time standing in line at one of the few open registers is just not worth it to me. I have too many groceries to use the self-checkout.

I now shop solely at my favorite local grocer. A bit more expensive, but it's worth it to me.

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

DD found out the hard way that WalMart is back to not allowing refunds or exchanges for clothing items, so be aware when you're buying those items, you may be stuck with them.

--------

I returned a top and a pair of Inexpensive, Birkenstock dupes, to a Walmart yesterday.  

The top was too small, the shoes, too big,though, they were my traditional size. Both had the tags on, though, I had lost the receipt.  

They just asked for my ID, and refunded the items, to a store gift card.  No questions asked.  This was in Vancouver, WA.  

Honored Contributor

Some one mentioned that they were cleaning the carts, at the walmart i went to ,no body was cleaning them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

It's not a sermon but you keep insulting me.  All I did was put some truths out there that are never listed.  Never once asked you to agree with me.  This is a forum from which everyone can agree to disagree.   Not sure why that offends you so much that you need to insult me.   I have not insulted you.  You asked me to explain my post so I did.  Then you tell me I'm lecturing you?   If you don't want my answers explained then don't ask for it.  But overall please don't insult people here.  But to make you happy I'll leave.