Esteemed Contributor

My sons wedding was amazing Saturday! I just wanted to post for those who wished them the best ahead of time. Weather was off and on drizzly and some very light fog but we still got outdoor pictures (the wedding and reception was inside). The venue was out of this world historic set by a river with a beautful bridge and background, and gorgeous (even the bathrooms in the venue were gorgeous!..lol.) I felt like I was at our own royal wedding!

I got through my bible verses I had to say and the mom and son dance well., (no tears). Everyone had fun, the food was delicious, the music, the decorations, family, friends, everything just fantastic! 

My sons new in laws spoke highly of my son (and I was honored, it really choked me up to know they think so highly of my son), and I feel the same about my new daughter in law and told them. I am so glad he found the love of his life and married into a wonderful family.. 

I am very worn out today but my back held up through the wedding (thanks to the 6 shots I got in my back from my Dr). I was even able to dance one fast dance and slow dances with my husband a few times too. (I used to dance fast all the time pre back problems). So I couldn't tear up the rug so to speak like before but I managed one fast dance and then slow dances.

Now the happy couple is off to Cozumel Monday morning for their honeymoon. I pray they have a safe and fun trip!

So that's the scoop. All the planning and stress for one year was worth it. Everything went wonderful (thank God) and I gained an amazing daughter in law! (I also have a daughter, son in law and 3 grandkids). I am so happy to welcome another daughter into our lives! I hope they have a liftetime of love, luck, and happiness! (and more grandchildren..lol).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

Shorty2U:  I am so happy to hear that your son's wedding was as wonderful as you had hoped.  It all sounded really lovely and I can "hear" your happiness in your post.

I truly wish you great joy with your new daughter in law, and the rest of your family.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you had your own "Royal Wedding" Smiley Wink

I'm glad you had a good time, and many blessings to the newlyweds! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U   Congratulations on your new family members.  It is beautiful that you are so welcoming regarding your new "daughter" and loving towards your son.  I hope all of you enjoy long and joy filled lives.

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U congrats, glad all went well. I will be doing the same thing in the fall, my son is getting married. We are looking for a song for the mother and son dance, what did you use? 

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U,

So happy to read about how well the wedding went. Best wishes to all for a happy family life!

https://animatedimagepic.com/image/congratulations/congratulations-6341.gif

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U Congratulations to you and your family. May they live happily ever after!!💕

Honored Contributor

Re: My sons wedding!

[ Edited ]

s9bPVaK.gif

Honored Contributor

Glad you had such a wonderful time. Congratulations to your son and his wife.

Honored Contributor

Finally! A wedding I have interest in!

I'm so glad things went well. There is so much time, planning, money, and work put into an event like this, and it is wonderful when everything goes well, the families feel blessed, the guests have a great time, and the couple are happy.

I'm sure in a few days, when all the excitement settles down, you are going to wonder what to do with your time and thoughts for a couple of weeks, until you get used to it all being finished!

Congratulations to the couple, and to you for seeing it all through.