Re: My record player came yesterday!

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian  LOL!  Love it!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14   What record player did you get?  I'm desparate for a record player because I have most of my records!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all  I am a child of the 80s so most of my music is on cassette which I know is never coming back. 

I got this one in the black to match my decor which is supposedly going to let me record my cassettes and any records I buy to CD.  Haven't tried it yet but it better work. 

It has an AM/FM radio, record player, cd, cassette, and bluetooth. In love with it so far.  

Victrola.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all  I almost bought the Crosley record player in a suitcase which is much cheaper but when I saw this one would transfer all my cassettes to CD, I made the choice to go bigger and better instead.  Still in love with that purple glitter Crosley turntable though.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  Thanks, how's the sound quality?

Respected Contributor

@Laura14

Crosley doesn't have great reviews...

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all  They need to fire the warehouse packers because the sound was turned way up and blasted me out of my house when I first powered it on.  It works!

As for sound quality, I kind of feel if that's important to you, these types of players are not for you.  They are meant to be an interesting decor item that plays music in any form you happen to have it and not get picky about that. 

If you are an audiofile, it's not for you.  It's not Bose.  It's not a sound bar.  It's not the latest and greatest thing from Beats and Dr. Dre.  It has two cloth speakers like back in the day that are just fine if you just want to listen to music and only care how high the volume is up or down. 

The radio tunes very well.  Not as well as a digital but it's not meant to. 

The record player is staticky because records are meant to crackle and pop when they are played.  Does it compete with the music?  I don't think so.

The CD player is a CD player.  But again it's not blasting out of the latest speaker sound system so it sounds to me just like a normal radio in your car might play it.

I have yet to try the tape deck but I'll get on that tonight and I really will probably never use the bluetooth.  I have Google Home for that if I want to stream.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14

Thank you...but just....oh...square one