Super Contributor

My own little QVC holiday story...

Recently my husband bought me a Pedic Solutions mattress topper from QVC. This was to be a Hanukkah present. We followed directions for set up, etc. It takes 72 hours from taking it out of the box to putting it on your bed because it has to fluff out, and the smell from the foam has to dissipate. Okay, then we put it on our bed. There was still a smell, but we were willing to give it a chance. One week later, the mattress is stinking up our bedroom and all of our linens. We called Customer Service. They said "no problem, " just send back the bag it came in. (You should see how big the mattress is!) We are on our own to discard this evil mattress topper. Well, I guess this is okay. I'm assuming we won't be charge for S&H EITHER way, but I think I'm going to call them back to check on that. Can you believe that this happens all the time, and they can absorb the cost of these mattress toppers that don't actually get returned to QVC? I'm thankful CS was nice about handling this. We might try calling a shelter, Goodwill or home for battered women/children. Perhaps they can use it. I am writing this to warn you about this product. (It got good reviews, too.) And also for suggestions on disposal of this. Do you think it would be tacky in trying to give it to a shelter? Maybe it's just our sensitive noses? It did give good support, in an evil sort of way. Sigh, so much for my holiday gift. Again, QVC CS did sort of okay by us. I just wish QVC would sell higher quality items.