Honored Contributor

My opinion of The View this week

I am a View watcher; have been since the beginning. There has been a bit of a shake-up this week because Whoopie has been out with an injured back and Rosie P has been out rehersing a play she is in.

Let me first say I am a Whoopie fan. I have always liked her. However, I've never been a fan of her on the View. Since she's been out Rosie O has been moderating (her old job before the whole Elisabeth thing), and I have to say I've enjoyed the show much more with Rosie "running" the show. Just an opinion, but for me, there has been a big difference.

Also, I find I'm enjoying the show without Rosie P monopolizing every conversation. Love Nicolle, love Mario (wish they would make him a regular.) Some of the guest hosts have been pretty good, and some not so good, but it has been an interesting week on The View.

File this under My Two Cents.Smile

Respected Contributor

Re: My opinion of The View this week

I haven't missed Rosie P but I've missed Whoopie a little.

Respected Contributor

A lot of people predicted a quick demise to The View but it always manages to find an audience, regardless of who is on the panel. I like the show, but only watch it occasionally due to my busy schedule, but I'm happy that people are still tuning in.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I heard on the news this morning that this show is being canceled. Is that true?

Respected Contributor

On 1/14/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I heard on the news this morning that this show is being canceled. Is that true?

Maybe I was too hasty in my earlier reply. I thought that the new panel was catching on. Time will tell if you heard a rumor or if it's really cancelled.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 LipstickDiva said:

Really?! I hadn't heard that!!

Honored Contributor

I googled and apparently OK Magazine is reporting it and people are running with the story but it isn't true.

Respected Contributor

I agree, faeriemoon. That's the same feeling I've gotten since Whoppi's been off with a bad back and Rosie's been moderator.

I like Whoopi and generally enjoy her on the show but as moderator she too strident & belligerent when she's expressing her views and almost shuts down the others' views.

I like Rosie Perez. I think she just needs more time to get comfortable in that venue.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I had a very strong opinion about The View this week but I would never have started a thread about it......I AM SO GLAD YOU DID ! And, not only did you start the thread but you were kind enough to call me up, ask what I had to say on the subject and then post my words exactly. LOL......and thanks.
Honored Contributor

Glad we're all on the same page, Lion and Danky!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

(Oh, and sorry for the misspelling of "rehearsal"; wouldn't let me edit.)