Honored Contributor

My new neighbor gave us samples of hand sanitizer!

[ Edited ]

Yes it's a form of advertising (she's an attorney with her info on the bottle) but I thought it was very nice to drop two sample sized bottles of lavender hand sanitizer into our mailbox!

I've been looking for Purell for over a month and finally got some sanitizer shipped from Bath & Bodyworks but can't stand the scent!  It's way too strong and smells awful!

These smell great and will be handy in the rare chance that I have to go out in the next few weeks.

Honored Contributor

Re: My new neighbor gave us samples of hand sanitizer!

🤣😂😂🤣. Got to love the hustlers.  You've got a great neighbor.  Keep her!

Honored Contributor

A lawyer should know it is a federal offense to put something into a mailbox without having paid postage for mail delivery. Shame on her! She should have handed them to you.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
A lawyer should know it is a federal offense to put something into a mailbox without having paid postage for mail delivery. Shame on her! She should have handed them to you.

@Pearlee   I was waiting for someone to come along and say that. Right now I'm glad she didn't hand it to either me or DH...trying to avoid any germs.

Esteemed Contributor

I was very surprised to find hand sanitizer and wipes at Target today.  There wasn't a huge supply, but they were limiting those items plus a few more sanitizing/cleaning items to one per customer.  I was happy to get a bottle and package of hand wipes, and it will last me for a long time, for as little as I plan being out for the next unknown period of time.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9. She could have put it next to your door or on your porch if you have one. It's disappointing that she broke the law. I'm glad you got your sanitizer though.
Respected Contributor

That was nice - she could have kept them for herself or her family/friends. Okay, I get that she gets lots of free advertising out of this, but the recipients get precious hand sanitizer. Looks like a win-win to me!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   Yes I suppose she could have.  I'm assuming that she did this to everyone on our cul de sac.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know the point behind this weird mailbox law. If people are going around dropping  off menus or whatever I'd rather them in the mailbox over anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

It is cheating the P.O. out of postage.
Recently I found a note in an envelope in my mailbox from a realtor offering to buy my home, with her business card enclosed. She obviously had dropped it off in my mailbox, saving the cost of postage. My mailbox is for U.S
Mail only. If it were used for other purposes it is possible to get so filled up that the mail carrier can't get the mail into it (for example if UPS stuffed packages into it before the mail comes).