Honored Contributor

Re: My new IPhone XS will be here tomorrow.......

I hope you really love your new phone and that all of your data is rwmoved from the retired one.I am not a phone person.I never remember to take mine and if I do it needs charging.I am hopeless.

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I am excited to receive my new phone. My current phone is the iPhone 6 and it was just time. Does anyone else have the new iPhone or planning on getting it? Would like to hear  your thoughts. 

it's gorgeous  I was looking at the new watches last week,  I want the new one, so I checked out the phones too.  

come back and review it.

have an old 6S+ that is just fine with a new battery so I will replace it maybe in the next year,  wedding and new roof here

but getting a series 4 watch soon 

Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I am excited to receive my new phone. My current phone is the iPhone 6 and it was just time. Does anyone else have the new iPhone or planning on getting it? Would like to hear  your thoughts. 

Hi @wvumountiefan ...  I received my new iPhone Xs last week.  I love mine.  There are many features that have been changed and/or added.  Face Recognition is really cool!  I am still playing with it in order to learn how to use all the features.  This iPhone replaces my iPhone 7 Plus.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I have the Samsung Galaxy Sky that I got from Tracfone several years ago. Got the phone and a year of service for $100. I also drive a 19 year old Toyota Camry. I guess I don't need the latest and greatest. But I do like Apple products.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say, oh wait, yes I am. What does your comment have to do with me getting a phone upgrade?? You do you and I’ll do me! As long as I’m paying for it, don’t worry about my “latest and greatest needs.” I was not bragging, just wanted to know if anyone else had the new iPhon, which YOU apparently do not, so don’t comment and tell me what my needs should be. Some people are just ridiculous! 🙄😡

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

it's gorgeous  I was looking at the new watches last week,  I want the new one, so I checked out the phones too.  

come back and review it.

have an old 6S+ that is just fine with a new battery so I will replace it maybe in the next year,  wedding and new roof here

@jackthebear  I will report back. I’ve wondered about the watches. I don’t wear a watch so that’s probably one reason I wouldn’t get it. I’m excited to see the new features. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

Hi @wvumountiefan ....  Let us know how you like it once it arrives.  

Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

come back and review it.

@jackthebear  I will report back. I’ve wondered about the watches. I don’t wear a watch so that’s probably one reason I wouldn’t get it. I’m excited to see the new features. 😊

@wvumountiefan and @jackthebear .. I received  an Apple Watch Series 2 last year for Christmas.  Loved using it while exercising.  But one day it just died....does absolutely nothing.  Doesn't even turn on or charge.  I have to try to bring it to an Apple Store to try to have it fixed.  If there's nothing that can be done I will seriously consider getting the series 4.  

Valued Contributor

@wvumountiefan I have the 6+ and I really want this new phone with the big screen.  I'm not a genius when it comes to technology.  Is this new iPhone easy to use?  I want the XS Max.   My nearest Apple store is 50 miles away, extremely busy, but do I need to go there to put all my stuff that's on the old phone onto the new one?  Do I have to pre-order?

Honored Contributor

I still have my iPhone 6.  I'm waiting for next year's new iPhone and I will get that one. Rumors are that it will have a totally new design and upgraded processor.

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

@wvumountiefan I have the 6+ and I really want this new phone with the big screen.  I'm not a genius when it comes to technology.  Is this new iPhone easy to use?  I want the XS Max.   My nearest Apple store is 50 miles away, extremely busy, but do I need to go there to put all my stuff that's on the old phone onto the new one?  Do I have to pre-order?

So it was at my house yesterday when I got home from work. It is different as there is no home button, which at first I was like ugh, but today I’m getting use to it and it’s fine. I used my AttTransfer Mobile app and it transfers everything from my old phone to this one. Really easy. 

There is still a lot to get use to, but I have no regrets. I needed the upgrade. I have an iPad so that’s why I didn’t get the XS Max. I ordered mine through att so they are both ready for sale and out, so no preorder. Hope that helps. 🙂