Respected Contributor

One of these days I'm going to tell my neighbor how much I enjoy his dogs and compliment him on how well trained they are.

DURING THE DAY--and not at all hours of the day and night--they run around the back yard, chasing each other and playing; sometimes, they play fight, growling and snarling etc. They're so much fun to watch and they're so well-behaved. One is an Austrailian shepherd and I don't know what the other dog is.

I think he has them in doggie day care at times because he's away a lot, and that really helps. Dogs who are bored and lonely can do a lot of damage. I don't know who came up with the idea of doggie day care but s/he was a genius.

Good dogs, neighbor! Well done.

Trusted Contributor

We had a Brussels Griffon who use to go to doggie daycare at 7:00 AM until about 7:00 PM Monday thru Friday. We are convinced he thought he was "visiting" us on the weekends and he lived at camp.

Doggie daycare came in really handy when we went on vacations. Since he was use to being there he seemed to love it. Yikes, it got so expensive though. 

I would encourage you to compliment your neighbors on their well behaved dogs as most people usually get negative comments concerning dogs. 

Super Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  The people across the street from me have a Rough Collie. They walk her regularly, and she is beautiful. When she walks, her coat shimmers. Love seeing her.

Respected Contributor

Re: My neighbor's dogs

[ Edited ]

What a sweet post.

I bet your neighbor would be delighted to hear your compliment 

Respected Contributor

My neighbor has 3 dogs and they start barking as soon as they're out the door and they totally ignore them. It's like people who ignore their bratty kids and everyone else has to put up ith it.

Honored Contributor

@Frenchlop wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten  The people across the street from me have a Rough Collie. They walk her regularly, and she is beautiful. When she walks, her coat shimmers. Love seeing her.

We had a rough collie. He would like to sit and watch the kids walk down the street after getting off the school bus. The kids would be so happy to see him. And he would be so happy to see them. 

It got so, that most of our neighbors knew him. Guess that is why he would stare at my husband to go out, about 12 times a day. He had places to go and people to see.

Respected Contributor

My neighbor has told me that they never hear our dogs. Translated… L O L… That means they appreciate that we keep them under control.  

Honored Contributor

You should make a point of telling him.  I'm sure he'd love to hear it.

Honored Contributor

May I suggest you write them a thank you type note complimenting them on their dogs and letting them know that you enjoy watching them play. It will make their day, and I suspect your note will be shared and saved.

Seldom do we have the opportunity to make another's day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Frenchlop wrote:

Ohhhhh how I wish I was your neighbor! Collies.....my absolute favorite dog. Love, love, love! I bet she's a beauty! ❤️