Respected Contributor

Re: My neighbor had her cleaning person come today

Here’s a suggestion - since you know your neighbor’s situation perhaps you could offer your assistance and they won’t have to go outside the home for help.

Honored Contributor

I cleaned my own house today.  I did not wear a mask.

Woman Happy

Woman Tongue

Woman Surprised

Woman LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think this  is foolish.   My neighbors have a couple  who clean homes as a business come twice a month. I was surprised they had them come today...

.easy to be infected if this couple going from-house to house.... cleaning many homes....with lots of kids home now from school...  who knows who might be sick ...and bringing the virus in with them if the get infected. 

My neighbor is about  68 as his her husband.  She is not very well... her husband is well enough he could have vacuumed  and do basic cleaning.   Nothing is that important. 

just seems risky  to me to have a cleaning service RIGHT NOW. 

@SeaMaiden  .... I agree with you but, this only demonstrates how STUPID people really are ... they obviously don’t  think outside the box & because it has not been stated not to have cleaning people come into your house because of the risk of bringing the virus into the house they just don’t think for themselves.... if they get the virus I do not feel sorry for them ..... STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!

Super Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

My cleaning lady is coming this week, as planned. She has started helping with my husband, who has dementia. She doesn't work at other places. Right now I am her only client so I am fine with her coming to my home. My husband and I are staying home since we are both over 70 and I have asthma. I do not want to clean my house myself, so I'm OK with my cleaning lady coming to work. Besides, my beagle adores her and would be devastated if she couldn't see her best friend.

❤️❤️❤️ Your post really made my day. ❤️❤️❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite  That wasn't my problem with the OP's post.

My problem was the judging of others. Some people need help; others need work. Who is the OP to judge her neighbors? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

@BirkiLady  I understand. I hope my comment didn't imply anything other than what I intended. 

I am genuinely just trying to learn and figure this thing out. We had a few briefings at work today, and I listened to the news channels for a bit....lots of information overload, and sometimes it doesn't seem very clear.  

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Just to clarify:  I do not use a cleaning service. 

Except GS who cleans my windows.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

We have cleaners (I got them after my car accident and recovery)  I kept them afterwards.  They were supposed to come yesterday.  But my husband called them and told them not to come.  I don't know. They started out coming every 2 weeks.  Then every 3 weeks.  There are ususally 2 of them.  They are super nice and I love talking to them. They seemed to understand why my husband told them not to come.

Super Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think this  is foolish.   My neighbors have a couple  who clean homes as a business come twice a month. I was surprised they had them come today...

.easy to be infected if this couple going from-house to house.... cleaning many homes....with lots of kids home now from school...  who knows who might be sick ...and bringing the virus in with them if the get infected. 

My neighbor is about  68 as his her husband.  She is not very well... her husband is well enough he could have vacuumed  and do basic cleaning.   Nothing is that important. 

just seems risky  to me to have a cleaning service RIGHT NOW. 

@SeaMaiden  .... I agree with you but, this only demonstrates how STUPID people really are ... they obviously don’t  think outside the box & because it has not been stated not to have cleaning people come into your house because of the risk of bringing the virus into the house they just don’t think for themselves.... if they get the virus I do not feel sorry for them ..... STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!

You seem very lovely...and classy.  Are you equally such in real life with others??

Valued Contributor

This is such an individual decision and everybody's circumstances are different.  Ours are such that we have made the decision not to have our housekeeper come.  We have known her for so many years that she is almost like a member of the family.  We hate to hurt her financially during a time like this so we will still pay her.