Hi, Gladys!!

Super Contributor

Re: My neighbor had her cleaning person come today

@Warrior2022 wrote:

WOW.   Mrs Kravitz, is that you????

THIS 👏👏👏👏

Respected Contributor

I think it is OK.  Maybe they made an effort to be in another room.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

My cleaning lady is coming this week, as planned. She has started helping with my husband, who has dementia. She doesn't work at other places. Right now I am her only client so I am fine with her coming to my home. My husband and I are staying home since we are both over 70 and I have asthma. I do not want to clean my house myself, so I'm OK with my cleaning lady coming to work. Besides, my beagle adores her and would be devastated if she couldn't see her best friend.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

It's their home and their decision. If you don't live there, why are you judging them? 

@BirkiLady   Let's not turn this ugly please. 

You already turned it ugly by judging your neighbors. 

Honored Contributor

mine was here an extra day this week......yesterday AND today.

a nice deep cleaning plus some carpets and cabinet knick knack dusting over the past two days.

no regrets and if she had NOT wanted to come i would have been fine with that also.

she will be back in a couple of weeks.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I see nothing wrong with your neighbor having her house cleaned. Don't know why you are so bothered by this - her house, her money, her business.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom @Warrior2022  Thank you!!  Your support is appreciated. People need help and others need work. No one is able to judge anyone else IMO. That was off the wall and so unkind (but not unexpected). Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Is there a difference then between going out to lunch with a few of your girlfriends a few times a week and having a couple enter multiple homes to clean?

Because I don't see much of one. The couple entering multiple homes is also increasing the likelihood of community spread, in the same way that one choosing to go out in a group in public places is....right?

Let's say the Cleaning Wife is positive/no symptoms for the virus.....she goes into 10 homes per week, shedding the virus all the way......

is that not still helping to complete the chain?

I'm open to an explanation. I don't mind learning something new. To me it seems about the same though. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon