Esteemed Contributor

Re: My neighbor had her cleaning person come today

There was another thread about this topic a few days ago. After reading it, I spoke to my mom about the lady who comes to clean her house twice a week.  My parents are 79.  Mom says that she's leaving it up to the cleaning lady to decide whether or not she wants to continue to come as scheduled.  At this time, she's still coming to clean twice a week.  I don't think anything could convince my mom to change her mind about this.  😕

Honored Contributor

My crew still comes, why is this a problem from somebody who isn't paying them?

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

It's a problem because your rights end where my nose begins.  If your "crew" continues to come in they are bringing all the germs they have accumulated at their other jobs, along with any exposure they've had in their own personal lives as well as that of their families.  I am assuming you still go grocery shopping, to the pharmacy?  If you have been exposed and possibly infected then you pass that risk on to everyone you pass in the store, both shoppers and workers.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

\It's a problem because your rights end where my nose begins.  If your "crew" continues to come in they are bringing all the germs they have accumulated at their other jobs, along with any exposure they've had in their own personal lives as well as that of their families.  I am assuming you still go grocery shopping, to the pharmacy?  If you have been exposed and possibly infected then you pass that risk on to everyone you pass in the store, both shoppers and workers.

Umm I WORK in retail serving y'all so you might want to step off the judgement,  just saying....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

\It's a problem because your rights end where my nose begins.  If your "crew" continues to come in they are bringing all the germs they have accumulated at their other jobs, along with any exposure they've had in their own personal lives as well as that of their families.  I am assuming you still go grocery shopping, to the pharmacy?  If you have been exposed and possibly infected then you pass that risk on to everyone you pass in the store, both shoppers and workers.

Umm I WORK in retail serving y'all so you might want to step off the judgement,  just saying....

Ummmm...yet another reason to tell your "crew" to stay home.  You are being exposed every work day and putting THEM at risk.

edited to add: Are you talking about having a cleaning crew come in to your workplace?  Because if that's the case it's a different scenario than was being discussed.  We were talking about people having their house cleaners come in during this time.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Ummmm...yet another reason to tell your "crew" to stay home.  You are being exposed every work day and putting THEM at risk.

edited to add: Are you talking about having a cleaning crew come in to your workplace?  Because if that's the case it's a different scenario than was being discussed.  We were talking about people having their house cleaners come in during this time.

I have cleaners come to my home at their discretion, I reached out and they are still willing to come.  My places of employment still have cleaners servicing the sites.  If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Trusted Contributor

I cancelled mine.  It’s one of the first things I did.  They are in and out of peoples houses and they all have kids in school.  No way would I have them in my house, Even with masks and gloves.  Many of my friends have house keepers and they all cancelled them.    

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

mine was here an extra day this week......yesterday AND today.

a nice deep cleaning plus some carpets and cabinet knick knack dusting over the past two days.

no regrets and if she had NOT wanted to come i would have been fine with that also.

she will be back in a couple of weeks.

@sunshine45 :  How's the wedding coming along?

@Hoovermom 

the wedding has been canceled as it was originally planned. it had been a lot of work and time devoted to this over the past year. my daughter has been a wreck for about three weeks now. governor hogan had issued an executive order so the hotel called to cancel yesterday officially. up to that point we had had about 40 people cancel that had already responded yes.

the honeymoon has also been cancelled. they were to go to st maarten, dutch side.

we will be having an intimate ceremony in our home on saturday so that they can be married. i ordered a small wedding cake today, we kept a small part of the order of the flowers, and i am getting some catering from two restaurants that we frequent.

a little money has been lost unfortunately, but there was not much we could do about that.

they will take a honeymoon at a later date. we have also reserved the same spot for a year from now and will instead celebrate their first year of wedded bliss with the family and friends that were supposed to be coming saturday.

thank you for asking. Smiley Happy

@sunshine45 . My cousin's daughter's wedding had to be canceled too.  She was supposed to have a big black tie affair early in April but is now having a simple ceremony in June with immediate family in their backyard.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

It's a problem because your rights end where my nose begins.  If your "crew" continues to come in they are bringing all the germs they have accumulated at their other jobs, along with any exposure they've had in their own personal lives as well as that of their families.  I am assuming you still go grocery shopping, to the pharmacy?  If you have been exposed and possibly infected then you pass that risk on to everyone you pass in the store, both shoppers and workers.

@alicedee . A lot of people still aren't getting it!  Our lives are now different and it's understandable that people are resistant to it.  However to make this end sooner we all have to do what is right by keeping our distance.  Doing that requires some sacrifice.

I also agree with the OP.  It is our business when there is a chance of spreading this virus even if it's in the privacy of one's own home by bringing in non-essential outside help.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@alicedee . A lot of people still aren't getting it!  Our lives are now different and it's understandable that people are resistant to it.  However to make this end sooner we all have to do what is right by keeping our distance.  Doing that requires some sacrifice.

I also agree with the OP.  It is our business when there is a chance of spreading this virus even if it's in the privacy of one's own home by bringing in non-essential outside help.

Every state has it's mandates.....currently mine isn't excluding janitorial or cleaning services.  There's no 'sacrifice' involved when following the suggestions in place.