Valued Contributor

I am so sorry @monicakm.  There is no one like our Mother.  I pray your loving memories comforts your heart.   

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I am so very sorry for your loss.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  I am so very, very sorry to hear that your mother has passed. Please take as long as you need to grieve and please know that we will all lift you up, pray and help you through this time by extending words of support and caring thoughts to you.  I do believe in God and Heaven and I think that the body may pass, but the spirit lives on and watches over those that are still on Earth.  Memories live on and stories of dearly departed live on too and feelings for that person remain in the heart and mind.  I am so sorry, Monicakm- my heart and thoughts are with you. 

Honored Contributor

I am so humbled by all your kind and comforting words.   I'm numb right now.  It doesn't seem real yet even tho I knew it was coming.  Same thing with my brother.  They both needed to be free of the pain (Frank) and the horrible mental anguish of dementia (Mom).  She would have been 85 in May. I know where she is and I know she's whole, healthy and beautiful.  And with her "favorite".  I've teased her for years that Frank was her favorite.  She would tell me that he's needy and doesn't have the self-confidence that I do.  I am trying to remember all the good times.  The shopping trips, going out to eat or just hanging out in her kitchen or laying in bed telling stories.  I made her laugh a lot, especially when we were on the phone.  I'll never forget the time I was in Walmart talking to her ON MY PHONE when I said, "Mom!  I can't find my phone.  I put it down somewhere and can't find it".  She told me to start back-tracking and then she had the bright idea to call my phone.  We've laughed about that for YEARS!

I wish I could just block out the years since Frank died.  That's when she started dying Smiley Sad  I don't think Dad will be here much longer.   I visited with him today.  He tries to talk to me but I can't understand what he says and he won't repeat it.  The staff said he ate a good breakfast and I fed him lunch.  So he's eating and drinking.  That's encouraging.  

The funeral is Wed.  I've missed Mom for a year and a half.  Right now I'm relieved that she is whole again and reunited with her mother and my brother.  I feel blessed that I've had my parents as long as I have but watching the dying process is excruciating.

My heart goes out to all of you who have lost your parents.  Thank you again for your words of support.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I am so humbled by all your kind and comforting words.   I'm numb right now.  It doesn't seem real yet even tho I knew it was coming.  Same thing with my brother.  They both needed to be free of the pain (Frank) and the horrible mental anguish of dementia (Mom).  She would have been 85 in May. I know where she is and I know she's whole, healthy and beautiful.  And with her "favorite".  I've teased her for years that Frank was her favorite.  She would tell me that he's needy and doesn't have the self-confidence that I do.  I am trying to remember all the good times.  The shopping trips, going out to eat or just hanging out in her kitchen or laying in bed telling stories.  I made her laugh a lot, especially when we were on the phone.  I'll never forget the time I was in Walmart talking to her ON MY PHONE when I said, "Mom!  I can't find my phone.  I put it down somewhere and can't find it".  She told me to start back-tracking and then she had the bright idea to call my phone.  We've laughed about that for YEARS!

I wish I could just block out the years since Frank died.  That's when she started dying Smiley Sad  I don't think Dad will be here much longer.   I visited with him today.  He tries to talk to me but I can't understand what he says and he won't repeat it.  The staff said he ate a good breakfast and I fed him lunch.  So he's eating and drinking.  That's encouraging.  

The funeral is Wed.  I've missed Mom for a year and a half.  Right now I'm relieved that she is whole again and reunited with her mother and my brother.  I feel blessed that I've had my parents as long as I have but watching the dying process is excruciating.

My heart goes out to all of you who have lost your parents.  Thank you again for your words of support.

@monicakm 

You've expressed your thoughts so beautifully.  I'm certain many of us have felt what you have written here.

Hang on to the good memories. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Loved you endearing story of the phone!
Came across this poem, which many are probably already familiar with, but I wanted to share it with you.

IMG_0491.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor
I'm so sorry. I know how this is
Esteemed Contributor

so very sorry for the loss of your mom .   She is at peace , I pray you find peace in the days to come as well . 

Respected Contributor

Sending you and your family prayers and well wishes that you can gget through a deal with your loss.I have done this myself so I get what your going through. Good luck.

Honored Contributor
There’s nothing quite like your mom passing. Thinking of you today. 💕