Honored Contributor

Re: My local Publix sent an email stating masks are now mandatory...THANK YOU PUBLIX

@Styleovertrend 

Yes it is IMO.  A young cashier or elderly bagger should not be in charge of "enforcing" store policies. 

I still will never understand people & frankly, I'm only going to stores I know enforce it yet many were UNmasked once inside in both Publix & WM today...didn't bother me I had mine on.

Know how stupid this is -- I'm now used to the "one way" aisles and I find that annoying🙄🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Re: My local Publix sent an email stating masks are now mandatory...THANK YOU PUBLIX

@Styleovertrend 

In our area Publix had outbreak of 9 employees (3 from our local store) -- never disclosed it came to light when employees complained about employees not required to wear masks.  Within days Publix issued the directive which if I recall was mid-May.

I'm sure there are many businesses big & small who have had employees with the virus but they are under no obligation (to my knowledge) to report.

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 the scary thing are those with no symptoms. That's why masks are so important, too. They can infect those they love in their own family and friends. And to not know if you can get it again is even scarier. Since there is so much that is not known, people just need to wear a mask.

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend 

Just continue to stay healthy and do what's best for you!

Thats my new mantra I'm getting "selfish" and doing what's best for me🙂

I'm furious about a community "pool party" taking place at our community pool this weekend...What the heck are they (Board of Directors) thinking 😡.   That's a "rant" for another day..lol

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

The reason for the "major spike in cases recently" is because there has been expanded testing done throughout the nation, which people wanted so they would know if they are positive/negative. The testing was provided freely in many areas of the United States, so  a great amount of people had themselves tested.

The number of cases does not equate to the number of deaths. Entirely two different things. But what is told on the newscasts are the number of cases. I never hear them say how many cases were asymptomatic, symptomatic, got the virus but recovered, etc.    I only hear how many people died, which is way smaller a number than those who recovered.

Shoekitty said.  Give  me a break there has been about a 36% increase in testing and 106% increase in cases of covid.  Testing is not as easy to get as they wuld have you believe.  Many people have to travel far and wait over a week for results.  Most doctors will tell you to stay home and go to hospital if you have a fever over 101, cantbreath and have other issues.  Yes, there is more testing.  But the number of cases outweigh the the testing percentages.

You either have covid or you dont.  Some people are asymptomatic.  Are we going to only say one has covid depending how sick they are.  would you be happy if more people died?  What does less deaths mean.  If they get sick, they getsick.  So we shouldn't wear masks because our risk of dying isnt that bad.?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm surprised they weren't already considered mandatory months ago.   What took them so long?

Shoekitty said @Tinkrbl44 

thank you

Respected Contributor

For the life of me, I can't understand why a simple thing like wearing a mask is left up to private businesses, big box stores, etc. to enforce.    This is a world-wide crisis we are all going through and it's like watchig an orchestra with a maestro at the podium leading trying to make kazoos sound like violins.Woman Frustrated

If this is ever conquered in this country, we can thank rational, sane people and supermarkets for our survival!  It's insane.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

Question how can the recent count NOT be a part of more testing?  You don't know if you are positive unless you are tested. PERIOD.   So the more cases that show up the more tests are being done.  You have no idea exactly how many had a "horrific" recovery You don't.  Reporting is done to leave you to make assumptions.  Details are left out for that reason.  They will report "800 new cases today!!"  But never will you find out who actually had symptoms, who had minor symptoms, who recovered just fine, or who went to a hospital or who died.  They don't track that.  You go to a hospital/doctor for a completely unrelated issue, get tested and you're positive.  You have zero virus related issues.  They treat what you came there for and send you home.  You are fine.  But you are counted as "hospitalized with Covid".  That's one of the many reasons the numbers are so deceiving.  It's a certainty there are MANY more positive people out there with zero symptoms.  Millions have probably had it and never knew it.   Fact is this thing is 99.8% survivable.   The more people that get tested the more positives will show up.  This does NOT mean they have symptoms, they are sick, they will go to the hospital or die.  We've seen people who tested positive counted more than once. We've seen people who have tested negative dropped from the totals. We've seen people who have filled out paperwork but never get tested counted as positive. The big question is why are the numbers skewed?  Fact is there has been no accurate numbers.  There has been 142K deaths.  How many died of something unrelated yet upon the autopsy they test positive for Covid and are now counted as part of a Covid death?  Yes the 65 and older crowd need to be careful.  But I don't trust any of the numbers.    

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

The reason for the "major spike in cases recently" is because there has been expanded testing done throughout the nation, which people wanted so they would know if they are positive/negative. The testing was provided freely in many areas of the United States, so  a great amount of people had themselves tested.

The number of cases does not equate to the number of deaths. Entirely two different things. But what is told on the newscasts are the number of cases. I never hear them say how many cases were asymptomatic, symptomatic, got the virus but recovered, etc.    I only hear how many people died, which is way smaller a number than those who recovered.

I keep hearing this like the rising cases does not mean anything bad.   Even though not everyone dies, they are at least left with hugh medical bills, loss of work and pay and maybe disabilities after they recover.  No one knows the long term effect.  A lot of people leave the hospital and go to a rehab.  When I hear 350,000+ in my state I just think that there are now more people who can spread it to others.  The more that tested positive the more threat to others.