Honored Contributor

Re: My local Publix sent an email stating masks are now mandatory...THANK YOU PUBLIX

[ Edited ]

@Styleovertrend 

There are lots of stores now making that decision. They have had to because the “leaders” of the towns, counties, states, etc. haven’t led as they should.

I’d have been more impressed if Publix had taken this stance in March or April. All the Publix stores around here experienced COVID-19 outbreaks among employees. Bet they wish that order had come in March, too.

Honored Contributor

Re: My local Publix sent an email stating masks are now mandatory...THANK YOU PUBLIX

I lodged a complaint with Corporate Publix due to putting employees at "risk".  Our county has had mask mandatory for awhile, Publix sending that email is exactly what every store has required, they are just jumping on the "bandwagon".

Thats fine but let's make the MANAGER of the store be the enforcer not some kid or elderly worker😡.

They get big $$$ to manage the store not hide or stock shelves.

I've witnessed "verbal abuse" from older people who claim

"medical condition" and refuse to put on mask.

Sadly, the manager "cowards" are not doing their jobs😡

Yet, WM has hired security at the door maintaining the policy not a employee!!!  People are crazy and honestly, ones life is more important than fighting with someone refusing.

C'mon Publix make your managers step up...I have not received a reply and I filed the complaint last week. Then again, I didn't expect one...today, no one was cleaning (sanitizing) carts or at door when I went to get spouse Rx.  

Guess thats the answer!!! 

Honored Contributor

Masks are mandated all over our state now.  N. C.

Valued Contributor

It isn't exactly correct to say that increased testing is the reason we have more Covid cases. It is the percentage of  positive tests per 100,0000 population which is increasing. The spread and increased numbers of asymptomatic or sick people has increased and hospital beds are filling up in many areas. More virus cases in the hospital and in the emergency rooms than in May. This is how we know there is more virus being spread. Yes more testing is showing more cases but people would not be getting tested if they didn't have a reason. And fewer people seem to be dying with this new spread but it seems to be more easily spread to others. The science isn't finalized so stay tuned. 

Detachment isn't the absence of love but the ability to take care of yourself in the midst of someone else's choices.
Respected Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

This is from Johns Hopkins Covid-19 Tracking (real-time tracking).E70D176A-B7C5-43A0-9730-1AD72C209768.png

(Michael Osterholm just stated for all the pain and suffering, deaths and economic disruption from this pandemic, so far it's only affected 7-8% of the United States population). Think about that for a sec. 

.    I guess that's just hunky dory as long as you aren't in the 7-8% or among those who died or their loved ones.  Or among those who may have long term health issues due to having contracted Covid 19.   

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 It has been mandated here in N.C. But not many places are actually enforcing it. Employees dont  want to tell someone to put their mask on and risk at bad reaction.

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 You're right. When Memorial Day was rolling around, they relaxed the phase we were in here in N.C and bunches of people heading to our coast in droves...on the beach, no social distancing, BBQing, partying, etc...and that's were it started.

Valued Contributor

@willdob3 we didn't have an outbreak here at Publix. They have been really good to wipe down and spray. They did have a sign that said wear a mask way back a month or so ago, but people could still go in masked and then take it off once they got in the store and employees were not going to go up to those individuals and risk a potential volitile reaction. 

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 I don't know if it's the managers job description to put his life at risk but saying something to people who have made the choice to be irresponsible. People do get violent due to the times we are living in. I wouldn't tell someone to put their mask on, would you? I saw a guy in Homegoods the other day holding his mask once he was in the store. I approached an employee and they can't say anything to one who doesn't want to wear it, even though it's been mandated here. People are ready to expolde so I just walked the opposite way and down a different aisle. 

People still think it's their RIGHT to not wear one and until they see it as a HEALTH issue, it's not gonna change. 

Valued Contributor

@ECBG Yes, but it's not enforced in a lot of places here.