Super Contributor

Re: My little yorkie is dying from

Okiedokie--My thoughts and prayers are with you: as hard as it is each time for us when a decision needs to be made, we always have been able to remember all the good and healthy memories.....which have helped us also to remember to be strong enough to do the right thing for them. But so often the right thing is indeed the most painful for us. What a wonderful mom you are for Mickie.....now and for always!

Honored Contributor

Okiedokie..I feel soo sad that this is happening to your little yorkie.I have been through this in the recent past and it is a tough time.like you ,made the decision that it was time when my little doggie gave up eating.I felt that was her way of telling me that she was ready.The people on this board helped me with this decision and were very comforting.Please give us the chance to help in anyway.Prayers for you and your little yorkie.
Super Contributor

We lost our Scottie on 12/22....he would have been 14 in March. For about a month we've had trouble getting him to eat. Some days he was fine, others not, and he was having a hard time standing up.

That Monday morning I went to check on him and he was sitting in the back yard staring at the wall....in the wind.....he hates the wind. I called him in and he slowly came in. Within 10 minutes, he was back outside laying on the sidewalk. I picked him up to bring him in and I knew he was dying. My grandson and I sat with him and then I called the Vet.

We took him in knowing in our hearts he wouldn't be coming home. The doctor took X-rays and there was a huge mass in his stomach. I vowed a long time go I would never let him suffer. I would never put him through unnecessary tests, etc., once he reached a certain age. The doctor told us it looked bad and that he was in pain, so the three of us, me, my husband and my grandson just looked at each other and nodded. We made the decision not to let him suffer.

I held him the entire time and rocked him........it was the hardest thing I've ever done, but it was the best thing I could for him. My heart is still broken and will be for a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

Godspeed... sorry, you are going though this.