Super Contributor

Re: My little yorkie is dying from

Animals don't fear death, but they do fear pain. It takes a long time to win an animal's trust and that can be broken by uncomfortable interventions. Our cat did his best to avoid me as the giver of shots. He had been my lap cat.

Through the years we've had many beloved pets. It was my job to take them for the last visit to the vet. The decision was made easier by remembering the happy, carefree and cared for lives they had and cannot have again because of disease and infirmity.

I wish you and Yorkie comfort.

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Anglophilly said:

Animals don't fear death, but they do fear pain. It takes a long time to win an animal's trust and that can be broken by uncomfortable interventions. Our cat did his best to avoid me as the giver of shots. He had been my lap cat.

Through the years we've had many beloved pets. It was my job to take them for the last visit to the vet. The decision was made easier by remembering the happy, carefree and cared for lives they had and cannot have again because of disease and infirmity.

So very true.

Super Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Anglophilly said:

Anglophilly: your words are so true about fearing the pain, which is true for we humans, too. Okiedokie.....am so sorry. Wishing both you and your beloved Yorkie peace and comfort.
Valued Contributor

Okiedokie, I am so sorry, like so many others I have been down this road. I don't have any advice, but know I am adding my prayers for you and your beloved Yorkie.
Contributor

Thank you all very much for your kind words and prayers. He did eat breakfast this morning but no supper. He has vomited once today so gave him some of his meds. He resting peaceful in his bed. My hubby and I have decided to give him til the first of the year or if he doesn't eat for 2 straight days then we believe it is his way of saying I have fought a long hard road and i. Ready to cross tht rainbow bridge and go be with the fur family tht has all ready passed and is there waiting for me. I'm sitting here crying because I have 4 other dogs and two cats tht depend on me but I can't get happy for them when I'm about to lose my little Mickie. We would really like for him to just fall asleep and tht way we don't have to make the decision as to when will be his last day but I can't let him go much longer in the shape he is in. It wouldn't be right or fair. I have tried the fresh pet dog food tht someone told me about tonight and he just looked at it and didn't want it. For supper tonight I gave him the choices of beef and chicken baby food in broth,catfish(which he has eaten the last 4 meals)and hamburger patties from mcd's and he didn't want anything. It could be the weather here(it snowed today)which could make his arthritis act up or the cerenia pill I gave him earlier today tht kept him from eating. I'm just hoping he eats in the morning after he has his round of Iv fluids tht he gets everyday. This isn't the first time he has missed eating his meals but he gets so weak for not eating and it can cause him to fall over when he gets up to go pee which he still does tht on his own. I have heard of feeding them with a syringe but if it should get tht bad I believe it is for his best interest to just have him put to sleep,tht just isn't a way to live and blessed those of you who have done tht for your sweet babies. I have snuggled with him today and told him tht he will be going to heaven soon and he won't be in anymore pain or weak he will be able to run and chase squirrels and butterflies again,plus roll in the grass and be able to feel good in eating once again with no more pain. I also told him to tell all of our fur kid family up there tht mama and daddy send our love. I said Mickie you will ALWAYS be mamas handsome man more handsomer than daddy and don't you ever forget it. He looked me straight in the eyes and gave me a kiss on the mouth,which he hasn't done in a long time. I knew then he was understanding what I was telling him. When the time does come I will let you know. Thank you again for the prayers.
Honored Contributor

Oh my, this is very very sad to read. The happy part though is in knowing how much your Mickie is loved, and you certainly have shown him that. I am sorry that you are going through this, but rest in knowing you provided him with much love, and you have his best interests at heart. It is so sad to say good by, but you are right in knowing it is the best thing in the end.
Honored Contributor

My heart goes out to you and your precious Yorkie at this very difficult time in your lives.

Sending the both of you lots of very special prayers and Comfort Hugs.

((((((((((((((((OKIEDOKIE & HER BELOVED FURBABY)))))))))))

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

nothing worse than a sick animal. They can't tell you what hurts but they sure know when they are being loved on. So continue the love until your baby lets you know it is time.

((((hugs))))

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

My heart aches for what you are going through. We have them such a short time and they carve a spot in our hearts that remains theirs. As I look back on the ones I have lost I realize I would not have it any other way for all the joy and love they have brought me. There are people here that really know what you are going through and they care.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

Please take comfort in knowing that you have tried everything there is to try. It's a scary place to be in, when you've done as much as can be done medically. I know you wish that he would just pass in his sleep, yet when they get this sick (esp. from kidney disease), as our vet says, it's better to be one day early than one day late in alleviating their suffering.

Yet what you're doing now as Mickie's Mom is priceless: holding him, spending time with him, just being with him. Your other pets will be OK for this short duration when your focus is on him. Spend this precious time with Mickie -- telling him all the reasons he made your life wonderful, how he's changed your world for the better.

You are stronger than you know. And because you are so bonded with Mickie, your love for him will overpower your sadness at the right time . . . because nothing is as powerful as love.

Our family's prayers are with yours as you go through these tough times with your angel. God bless you for giving him a lifetime of being cherished and loving care that has known no boundaries.