Esteemed Contributor

Re: My kitten story (for the pet lover in all of us)

@Shorty2U what a love story!  I hope your little guy does well in his surgery and is back home happy with you!  I think we know next to nothing about the deep connection we make with animals and how beneficial it is for we humans.  They have so much to teach us if we'll only learn.  Wishing you both many years together

Spoiler

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Hey Shorty,

Isn't it amazing how these precious critters can just sneak into our life and capture a piece of our heart? Buddy will be sedated most likely and won't miss you that much. He or she may, however, give you "attitude" when you get him home. LOL

dee

Oh yeah....you can expect some 'CATtitude' when the drugs wear off, LOL!

Lol! Catitude for sure! Thanks for sharing your story @Shorty2U. Let us know how the surgery and vet visit turn out. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you again for the messages.

He came home today! When he saw us he was so excited he was trying to get out of his carrier. They told us when we got him, that over night he tore his cage apart! lol. (Whatever that meant?). But that's him, he likes to be on the move (not in a cage of course!). Of course DH chuckled when they told us that he did that..lol.

Once he was home, he was SO happy. He went through the house sniffing everything and we gave him something to eat, then he found his favorite spot and took a long nap. Hes up now (1 AM), sitting here watching me type.

PS) Hes not to run, jump, etc. due to his incision. Well its hard to keep a kitten from doing that! lol. (So I hope he doesn't hurt himself from the surgery. Of course we will keep checking him).

Oh also, they trimmed his little claws while he was put under. So I told my daughter, he had his nails did (like he had a manicure. lol).

Anyway, hes glad to be home and Im glad he is home.

Lastly, I also asked why he had to stay over night after he was neutered. They said cats don't wake up as fast from anesthesia as dogs. So I guess where we go is being extra cautious. They are really good there, we have gone to this vet for years.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles