Honored Contributor

Re: My husband, the bathroom hog

[ Edited ]

@ahoymate wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

PLEASE, NO more bathroom chats! It's not pleasant! 

@ahoymate   And yet you opened the thread!Woman Surprised

I didn't open the thread!!!~ Just look at "View All Forums" and there you see topics/subjects!~! You should know this - 4,713 posts!!~~

@ahoymate  You had to open the thread in order to post on it.🤔

Next time try running the water.🤪🤣😄😂

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I don’t mind threads about bathroom topics. I also don’t mind talking about underpants.

Underpants?!!  Now you've gone too far!  Woman Surprised

Haha

@RollTide2008 

adding, I hope you know I'm teasing you (you never know if someone's joking or not). Your post made me smile and giggle, so I had to post about it. 

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I thought that only women indulged in this bad habit but apparently men do, too.

He rarely spend less than 30 minutes in there and I have no idea what he's doing. And it's usually when I need/want to use it. All my cosmetics, etc., are stored there. I can get him out of there if I yell but I hate to have it come to that.

We do have an extra bathroom but technically it's my sister's and if DH were starting to hog her bathroom, she wouldn't yell at him--I'd have to do it.

I'm getting awfully tired of this. We're going to have to have a talk about this but it'll be a waste of time. He'll promise to do better and he will--for a while. Then it's be the same old thing.

You can give me advice if you want to and I'll try it but it won't do any good. It's a free country and you can tell me how awful you think he and/or how bad the state of our marriage is. It's actually pretty good but it's this one thing that really bothers me. I guess I'm just venting.

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I haven't read every comment here in your thread, so sorry if this is redundant.

Rather than continue to be "really bothered" by this situation, why not just change it?

Is your bathroom the ONLY place you could possibly put on your makeup?  Why not set up a little table and chairs or whatever and have a little dressing table-like area with mirror and drawers and do your makeup somewhere else?   If you only have one usable bathroom, why not consider putting your makeup on at a table in the kitchen?   

For the first years of her marriage my sister had all her makeup in a very good size fishing tackle box that could be opened and closed in a couple seconds.  The dividers kept everything organized and separate.  She used a lighted Clairol makeup mirror that could be plugged in anywhere.  

She could grab her mirror and fishing tackle box and go sit in any number of places to apply makeup.  Her fave was the kitchen table, but even the smallest homes usually have "spots" that could accomodate makeup application.

Think outside the makeup box ... and see what you can come up with.   Save yelling at your husband for the really important stuff ... not makeup issues.

JMO, of course.   HTH 

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

PLEASE, NO more bathroom chats! It's not pleasant! 

@ahoymate   And yet you opened the thread!Woman Surprised

I didn't open the thread!!!~ Just look at "View All Forums" and there you see topics/subjects!~! You should know this - 4,713 posts!!~~

@ahoymate  you opened the Thread and not only that, but you Posted. I bypass a lot of Threads just from seeing the Titles.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten  Maybe he is hiding from you. 🤣🤪🤣

@Cakers3  I thought the same thing also while laughing of course. There are two women in the house so he needs his alone time. He's out numbered. lol

At least he's not going to the gas station.

@GoneButNotForgotten  like others have said find a space where you can maybe put a vanity table and make it your own. I like that.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@ahoymate  Um, you SAW the title of the thread. You didn't have to read it. That's on you.

What? You don't like me and just want to have a reason to dis! Enjoy you life lady!!

@ahoymate 

???  Sorry, but you are seriously off base here.   

You honestly thinking people don't like you is probably stated just an excuse for you to "dis".    I doubt anyone here knows you well enough to like ... or dislike ... you. 

Either that or you missed her point.

The Forum has many different categories, as noted to your left as you read this.  If you click on any category, all that shows is the current topics being discussed here. 

If the "bathroom" topic upsets you so much, don't click on the link and read the comments.  See?  Easy peasy to avoid topics that horrify you.   

End of problem.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I thought that only women indulged in this bad habit but apparently men do, too.

He rarely spend less than 30 minutes in there and I have no idea what he's doing. And it's usually when I need/want to use it. It's none of your business what he's doing in there.  That's why it's called privacy.  All my cosmetics, etc., are stored there. I can get him out of there if I yell but I hate to have it come to that. Since it appears to have become part of his routine, you need to make your own adjustments to accommodate that.  Either move your makeup to a different location or get up earlier and get it done before his normal time of going in there.

We do have an extra bathroom but technically it's my sister's and if DH were starting to hog her bathroom, she wouldn't yell at him--I'd have to do it. 30 minutes may be a little long, but it's not really hogging the bathroom.  Why does he need to be yelled at?  Would you like being yelled at for some behavior of yours that you consider to be normal? 

I'm getting awfully tired of this. We're going to have to have a talk about this but it'll be a waste of time. He'll promise to do better and he will--for a while. Then it's be the same old thing.  Why does he need to change his routine to accommodate yours?  I can see maybe working out a compromise if you have an appointment or something, but it's his home too.

You can give me advice if you want to and I'll try it but it won't do any good. It's a free country and you can tell me how awful you think he and/or how bad the state of our marriage is. It's actually pretty good but it's this one thing that really bothers me. I guess I'm just venting.  Sorry, not sorry.  It sounds like you two having a talk is more about you berating him into changing so your existence will be more comfortable.  What about trying to be understanding and accommodating him?  It's 30 minutes a couple times a day.  You should be able to work around that.  

Honored Contributor

Problems some have!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest I'll remember that when you post another one of your silly cryptic posts (before it gets deleted. Again.)

Trusted Contributor

I'd give anything to have my late husband here to hog the bathroom.