Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori  God bless and keep you through this difficult time.

prayers to you.gif

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Ditzydori wrote:

I'm crying.  I can't thank you all enough for all the kind and encouraging words. It's going to take me a very long time to feel better again. A part of me died. 

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. I feel like I'm in a bad dream, and I'll wake up and it won't be true. I'm just unbearably sad. 

Thank you you all for your prayers. I appreciate it so much. ❤️❤️❤️

(((@Ditzydori))),  You've been in the forefront of my thoughts and prayers since you started this thread.     Thanks for returning...  I know this is beyond difficult.    I experienced the loss of my beloved husband just a few years ago, and for me the pain never goes away but it does become less disabling as time goes by.   I know that's hard to believe, and your journey will be your own.   The comments by all the other posters are so compassionate, with such affection and support for you.   Please remember to take good care of yourself, because you and your health are important.   (((gentle hugs)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@Ditzydori wrote:

Yesterday and today would have been our 43rd anniversary. 

To say im heartbroken is putting it mildly. I simply can't stop crying. The pain is just unbearable. 

I know now he's in a better place, and I'll see him again one day, but that does not lessen the pain I'm in right now. I want to be where he is. The thought of never seeing him again in this life is so painful. I don't think I will ever get over his loss.  

My Tony, gone forever. But always in my heart. 

Im just so sad. 

I'm so sorry to learn of this.  Please know my,  along with many others, thoughts,  prayers and hugs are going out to you during such a difficult time.  I hope you can find some peace knowing he is in a better place.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I'm so very sorrry for your loss.  

Valued Contributor

I am so very sorry for you!

May you find peace!

Valued Contributor
Dear Dori, So sorry to hear that your wonderful husband passed away. I just wanted to share a quote with you which I believe with all my heart are true: "The world sees birth and death as the beginning and the end. But because of God's holy plan, we know that birth and death are actually just milestones on our journey to eternal life with our Heavenly Father. They are essential parts of our Father's plan - sacred moments when mortality and heaven intersect." Take care of yourself Dori.
Super Contributor

@Ditzydori wrote:

Yesterday and today would have been our 43rd anniversary. 

To say im heartbroken is putting it mildly. I simply can't stop crying. The pain is just unbearable. 

I know now he's in a better place, and I'll see him again one day, but that does not lessen the pain I'm in right now. I want to be where he is. The thought of never seeing him again in this life is so painful. I don't think I will ever get over his loss.  

My Tony, gone forever. But always in my heart. 

Im just so sad. 

My heart goes out to you during this dark time. 43 years is amazing, but I'm convinced that the longer a person is around in your life, the more difficult it is when they're gone. Eternity with them is the only amount of time that's adequate, isn't it? Nothing less will do. But what do you do in the meanwhile, with him in his better place and you on planet earth? You do the best you can, one day at a time, moment by moment. Grief has no time limit. You grieve however and how long you need to. You have a right to feel the way you are. Where your heart is, there your treasure is also. Just know the pains of this life are temporary and nothing compared to the glorious riches awaiting you and him together.

Valued Contributor

I  am so sorry for you.  I send you prayers of strength and comfort.

Trusted Contributor

No words are exactly right at this time.  So I will simply say, I am so very sorry for your loss and I pray that each day you can think of a memory  that brings a little smile and a happy thought.  I know that will take time, because your heart is broken right now.  I am sending you a virtual hug, and again, no words can be said for how sorry I am for your loss and that of your entire family.