Super Contributor

Re: My husband passed away

[ Edited ]

I'm crying.  I can't thank you all enough for all the kind and encouraging words. It's going to take me a very long time to feel better again. A part of me died. 

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. I feel like I'm in a bad dream, and I'll wake up and it won't be true. I'm just unbearably sad. 

Thank you you all for your prayers. I appreciate it so much. ❤️❤️❤️

Valued Contributor

So sorry for your loss, you will be in my prayers. Hugs! 

Respected Contributor

DitzyDory, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

May you find comfort in all your wonderful memories.

Trusted Contributor

@Ditzydori  I'm so very sorry and send my heartfelt condolences.  Your Tony will always be at your side, and I do believe you will both be together again.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

My heartfelt condolences. I can't even fathom the pain you are going through. My thoughts are with you during this terrible time.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Ditzydori, I am so very sorry for you.  I know how you feel-I lost my husband (age 66)-to Alzheimers last year.  I think I was in shock the first few months, even though I knew it was coming.  There is so much to do with financial and other things, and I hope your children are helping you. We all handle our grief differently, so don't let anyone tell you how to feel. I am functioning, but the nights are hard for me.  I didn't go to any grief meetings, but I do have my children and church family which is a great support. 

God bless you as you work your way through your grief. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori wrote:

I'm crying.  I can't thank you all enough for all the kind and encouraging words. It's going to take me a very long time to feel better again. A part of me died. 

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. I feel like I'm in a bad dream, and I'll wake up and it won't be true. I'm just unbearably sad. 

Thank you you all for your prayers. I appreciate it so much. ❤️❤️❤️

> > > >

Heart "thinking of you as I have read, continue to read each word that you have expressed so deeply -each time I go over the hurt of her emotions"

@                                                                         @Ditzydori

Dear friend, Dori.

I still remember when I first met you in 2011; you spoke of your husband often after I gradually became more familiar changing over from the board's game words we had, with so many -as fun, then I would see your posts on Viewpoints in 2012.

You mentioned Tony as a good soul, with a big heart. He was there~ always, in need of you: he loved you so much.

Those were sweet and funny situations that you shared with us so many times. Those events of life of Tony and Ditzydori made me happy and brought many smiles to me.

I am really feeling so sad as I write this, your loss of a wonderful husband.

Life often has a truly unfair testing for us as we live through this journey that can hit, weather us very hard, personally when tragedy sometimes swallows our very strength.

I am asking you to be strong, believing the Almighty in heaven, God's Heaven, where Tony is. Safe and without pain.

I understand that this is your hour of grief. God gives us strength to come out of sorrow as I have known in my life following very deep losses. The time drifts slowly, but there does come, forming a safer place, I describe of some type of peace. I can and have realized I have no control.

I have not traveled that path, losing my husband, my best friend, but came very close to it over three years ago. We speak of this time often, we know one will possibly go before the other. This is very difficult to speak about.

We both understand each other's deep void.

I can say this without any doubt, I could not do any better than you are doing, as I write this. Again, I am so sorry.

May I be as fortunate to come to you, our friends if I should have to seek out a closeness to help heal, having those whom care and want TO hold you, and tell of our experiences.

That is something very warm and we know that we need love from others in our lives.

When the pain is so unbearable, then please take comfort in having a close relationship with a trusting live professional person to go to. 

In closing, please know that you and Tony were very blessed to have forty three 'love' years together, that your children were there for their father; also, they need you very much.

Thank you for being a friend to so many, I hope I brought you the same smiles to you that you had given to me over the years.

I ask my dear Heavenly Father to bless you when grief is overwhelming. May God's presence comfort you, Dori.

Dear God, I am asking you to HeartremindHeart Dori~

`by showing her that she is never alone` with You by her side.

Amen.

"....it is like a bad dream, that I can understand". "God Bless this fine woman and her family".

May 28th, 2017

Super Contributor

I am sorry for your loss and for your sadness. You Never forget someone you love and in Heaven you will see him again. Try to focus always on what you had with him and what you have now, not what you lost. He will always be alive in your memories of him and he would not want you to be sad. Ask Jesus for help with your pain. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know the pain is terrible.  And it will be for awhile.  It will be less over time, but it will never leave you.  You will have moments, more frequent at first and then gradually not as often.  You will never forget.

Your Tony isn't far from you.  He'll be with you always.  Love never dies.

Take good care of yourself, have a happy life.  It's what he wants for you.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Dori,

Just checking in with you this afternoon to see how you are holding up, Dear.

You have been on my heart and in my prayers since I read your post. I wish I could bring you over a meal or a shoulder to cry on.  That not being possible,  just know that you have many friends here who truly care and are praying for you. Keep your family & friends close.

love & prayers,

dee