Trusted Contributor

Re: My husband is worried about our roof

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Why all the worrying about roofs? I don't remember reading or hearing about roofs on fire from home fireworks displays. Fact the have many Gucci Pro Displays for years here with homes all around, and I have not heard a report of 1 roof fire.

The noise part I get, the fire on the roof?  Not so much!

Just because you haven't heard about fires on roof from fireworks doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It HAS and it DOES.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear about this nuisance issue for many of you. Been very quiet here in southern WV; I didn't hear the first pop or boom last night.
Respected Contributor

My granddog is in agony.  Someone should invent some ear "mufflers" for doggies.  He's especially prone to loud noises because he has such large, pointy ears!

live in the moment!.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Poor guy ~ he's a cutie, though!  My girl is much better this morning.  I know there will be more this evening, but hopefully not as much as last night.  I was out talking with one of our neighbors this morning and she commented on all the noise last night before I even mentioned it.   I have to say it was the worst I can remember.   About 10:00 last night my husband and I were watching TV and heard these loud booming noises ~ one after another after another.  We looked out our back door and saw the sparks flying right into all of our neighbor's yards.  I'm all for celebrating a holiday and enjoying yourself, but more important should be having basic respect for your neighbors.  Shoot the fireworks off where the fire hazard lands in your own yard ~ and party away. 

Esteemed Contributor

Fireworks went on here until 4:30 am - I'm a wee bit tired today!!!
Respected Contributor

It was peaceful as always in our area.  Not one firework went off.  

Never a good idea for a city or town to allow people to set off fireworks.  It is a dangerous idea to be a tradition.  It is liken to a small ex plos ion and dangerous.  Some traditions need to be stopped.

Look at the animals they are scared and they know it is a dangerous action of some humans.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

My friend had a 4th of July party 2 years ago and her neighbors were shooting off fireworks.  Well, something (a spark, ash or whatever) landed on top of her patio awning, which caught fire.  Before she knew it,  her brand new patio set was reduced to ashes.  The guests managed to put out the fire but this could happen to anyone.  It's good that they were home when it happened.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~