Honored Contributor

My husband is worried about our roof

He sat outside as long as he could, till the mosquitos drove him in. The sky around us looks like the chimney sweeps scene from Mary Poppins, with rocketd going off every which way. It's going to be a long night

Respected Contributor

Re: My husband is worried about our roof

It sounds like a war outside my house lol. Hugs sorry you have to go through that cherry.

Honored Contributor

Here too. It sounds like a war zone. 😨
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Yep, it coming in every direction here. Thankfully, I have a metal roof.

Trusted Contributor

I've been dreading this weekend for awhile.  We have three large dogs and the largest of the three is terrified of fireworks.  It breaks my heart.  Right now she found a corner in the kitchen and is sleeping.  We keep the fan above the stove on high and that seems to drown a lot out.  I've also been running our generator to help block the noises outside.  Fireworks are illegal where I live, so where and how are these people shooting these things off?  Yes, it's going to be a very long night. Stay safe, everyone.

Honored Contributor

My neighbors across the street are in full swing.  I'm worried about my roof too.  Around here, it will go on until at least midnight.

Respected Contributor

I empathize with all of you going through this.  I have been in your position and know how annoying and concerning it is.  We even found a bullet in our swimming pool one year!  

We are so blessed now to be living among more civilized people.  It is stone silent here at 10:30 p.m. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

One Lab on my lap, one across feet, one doesn't care at all.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live on an incline overlooking an enormous lake, and the "revelers" have been blasting fireworks for over a week.  We're lucky in that we've had a lot of rain, but we've already had 2 major fires.

I'm sorry for everyone who has to deal with this danger to their homes, and I hate knowing there are so many animals who suffer when they hear all the noise.

My heart goes out to our veterans of military combat -- fireworks are a genuine nightmare for many of them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really think somebody outside my apartment has a Cannon! It is setting off car alarms.What in the world are they selling to people nowadays!?