Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: My husband is trying to drive me bats.

@blackhole99 wrote:

I treat my husband like a well loved, big dog. Talk sweet to him and rub his belly, pat him on the head when he does something right and good. Men are not as complicated and smart as we women are. I have a really good, loving and sensitive husband, but I trained him.We will be married 44 years next month.

@blackhole99. Smack him with the newspaper when he's disobedient?   Try entering the phone number into the remote and see what it does to his TV program.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of the remote -- Last night, I was watching tv in bed and couldn't find the remote. I got up and pulled back the comforter with my left hand, but it wasn't there. Thinking the remote had gotten lost in the comforter, I started shaking it - but the remote didn't fall out.

I then realized that I had the remote in my right hand the entire time. lol

Trusted Contributor

Yes, my husband definitely has the tendency to tune me out.  It's strange, though, often times when I AM talking to him, he doesn't hear me.  But then when I'm saying something to the dog,  he always says "What?"  I then say, "I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to the dog!"   I swear he ALWAYS responds when it's not HIM I'm talking to!

Contributor

Oh my, that is the funniest story, I hate to laugh at others “mistakes” but that made me lol.  Too funny.🤣😂

Respected Contributor

I have one better than that right after my husband retired , mind you he was hardly home and still does't know how to use a cordless phone well he usually forget to turn it to off when he hands up from a call. Okay he used to take off every morning for about 5 years, one day the phone rang and I couldn't figure out why the ringer was so soft, he walked out the door with my cordless in his shirt pocket. 

Respected Contributor

That is something mine would do !! I think it's scary .

Respected Contributor

Mine also has handed me the remote instead of the phone while the phone is ringing. He almost killed me one time he tried to hand the cordless while I was  in the shower because the call was for me and it never dawned on him I could be electricuted by the phone. He still insist that I over  reacted nothing would have happened.

Valued Contributor

I can SO relate- we'll be married 50 years- plus the 2 when we met in highschool. He's like a puppy- naive- and doesn't "listen"-- I always say I'll  keep him cause who the heck wants to train a new one!!- (but I do love that man o' mine and there's plent of widows out there looking for a man- so I keep mine close!!! ( at his 70 birthday party in a restaurant- some strange woman came up to him as he was going to the bathroom- and she said "OH MY- You don't LOOK 70! and she squeezed his arm and said "wow and your're strong too!"-- SHE'S lucky I was still at the table or I would have clocked her!!! THE NERVE!!!!  HE is also hard of hearing when it comes to me asking him something- especially if there's a sports program on tv! 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

02EC6197-05FA-4C01-9D45-2601879E8D5D.jpeg

@LTT1,   OHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS LOL

Respected Contributor

omg. how funny. my wife allways tells me i dont listen. sunday she said she told me something 3 times and i dont remember ever hearing what she said.