Honored Contributor

Re: My husband is back in the hospital again

Oh dear, I'm so sorry!  That's so much for one person to handle. I'll be praying for you, xoxo. 💐💓🌸

Honored Contributor

The surgery went well, it was close to three hours, the surgeon needed to open the last surgery, irrigate the entire area until the infection was cleared out replace one of the heads on the original hip replacement. Hubby will now have a pic line and IV anti boitics for 6 weeks and oral for another 90 days.

Please pray that the is successful since it only has a 50% chance of working, we are both scared to death right now

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The surgery went well, it was close to three hours, the surgeon needed to open the last surgery, irrigate the entire area until the infection was cleared out replace one of the heads on the original hip replacement. Hubby will now have a pic line and IV anti boitics for 6 weeks and oral for another 90 days.

Please pray that the is successful since it only has a 50% chance of working, we are both scared to death right now

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.  

Honored Contributor

I can only imagine what you're going through right now. Here's hoping that all will resolve quickly and successfully.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear this @I am still oxox

Is there extended family or friends that could help you out?

Honored Contributor

I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox,  I'm sorry you and your husband are going through this.    You've both been in my prayers since the start, and continue to be.    There's so much stress and pressure on you...  I know it's hard to do, but please find a way to take gentle care of yourself.    Much like the instructions on an airplane to place the oxygen mask on our face before we can help others, you need your strength to be the loving caregiver I know you are.   (((hugs)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry, I've been through it with my mother-three hospitalizations in the span of five months a couple of years ago. And many difficult rehabs and recoveries. Every day is still tough, some are better than others. I know what it's like to face it alone too.

All the best wishes to you @I am still oxox

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

So sorry to hear this @I am still oxox

Is there extended family or friends that could help you out?

Not really it should not be any more difficlt than the last3 months have been

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

My g/f had the same problem with her hip replacement, beginning fine then pop she went back seems there is a screw that came out & after weeks of getting herself back to walking she heard a pop & her leg locked up. Another operation, Dr took out the hip adjusted she is better. I said WHAT?? he didn't give you a new hip? Guess that is what they do but she had this hip done twice within 6 months. Really takes a toll on the person. She is better now but sometimes they have to be adjusted. Hope you & your family are doing better. 

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox Sending 🙏 And good thoughts your way.