Super Contributor

Re: My husband actually said this to me this evening:

Sad when one loathes to say anything nice about one’s spouse. Is there anyone out there who is happily married and wants to brag about their spouse? No one is perfect and not all men are stupid. Too much negativity and fighting posters on these forums recently, which is why I don’t read them as often.
Honored Contributor

It's all in fun (mostly). Smiley Happy

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LadyAlice wrote:
Sad when one loathes to say anything nice about one’s spouse. Is there anyone out there who is happily married and wants to brag about their spouse? No one is perfect and not all men are stupid. Too much negativity and fighting posters on these forums recently, which is why I don’t read them as often.

I would love to read any of your spouse brags. Please go ahead. Even if your DH is not currently with us on Earth (I have no idea, obviously), it would still be nice to read a cute story about him from your memories. I prefer cute stories to bickering stories too.

The harsh stories in this thread are meant as jokes, I'm pretty sure. For example, no matter how drunk he might have been, I doubt Willie Nelson would have failed to notice he was being sewn into a bedsheet. And if that had happened, I don't think he would have had that much trouble ripping his way out of it once the lady hit him. I think his story was just a yarn, a story with lots of embellishments to make it more entertaining to his audience.

Edited to add: Here is a very recent thread where a poster brags about how her husband brought their lawnmower back from the dead. She seemed quite proud of him.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/WOW-An-amazing-story-of-how-my-husband-brought-our-lawn-...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@LadyAlice 

You need to lighten up.

This November I’ll be married 55 years. How long have you been married?