Honored Contributor

Re: My husband actually said this to me this evening:

**Taking notes**

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

In my forty one years with hubs (he passed five years ago), I can honestly say I never nagged. Never had a reason to. He was an energetic partner in every sense of the word.

The one thing I would say that bothered me is when I had any emotional conflict going on and verbalized it, he would think I was expecting him to solve the issue, when I was really just venting--looking for no immediate solution.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  Re: the famous court case going on lately.

Oh my gosh!

I'm only guessing (and hoping) that none of our marriages/relationships are similar.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Fighting about nagging is just fighting about fighting.  Sometimes we fall into bad habits.

Since you can only do you, perhaps counseling would give you a kick start for a way out.

Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining 

If you’re talking to me, we weren’t fighting. lol

Honored Contributor

Here's a good one for ya - The other day my husband told me that the reason that I'm having so much a harder time with the loss of Rupert is because I'm a woman.

Yeah, I'm a woman and emotions and all that stuff.    He said that since he's a man, he's able to better deal with it than women would be.

Because, of course, it can't be that I, living with PTSD and clinical depression and that I've already been struggling with depression of late anyway, then this happening made it a thousand times worse.  Nope, it's just because I'm a woman.

It can't be because I spent every single freakin' day with him, taking care of him, literally, from the moment I got up every morning to the moment I went to bed, giving him his nite nite treat and telling him nite nite and how much I love him.

Nope!  None of that.  I'm just a stupid, emotional woman.

Sometimes they are just plain idiots.  I know - plenty of people, no matter the gender, are idiots.  But I think men can take the majority there.

Sorry for the rant.  It's just been too much and, while he has been sensitive to my feelings some of he time, sometimes he just spews krap like that and it tends to erase much of the good.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Malcontent   I like it!

For those who are having any issues with their spouse, just watch some of the Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard drama happening in the courtroom.  Yikes, those two certainly know how to get under each others skin!

Thanks for the post, made me laugh tonight! 

Between Johnny Depp and Amber I can't see either of them winning, one seems as bad as the other.  Wow after listening to just a little bit of their battles, yikes why were they even in the same house.  Even when they show pictures of them together they look angry and or miserable.  It is a good thing they are not together.

Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@ECBG 

When my husband is supposed to do something and doesn’t --I don’t say a word, I just start doing whatever it is he was supposed to do and that drives him crazy (because I’m doing it wrong according to him) and then he does it. lol

@Malcontent 

That's the tactic I also use ... if my darling hubby has procrastinated too long, I will just either do it when he's not home (so I don't hear about how I'm doing it all wrong) or I just go out to workshop and start picking out tools, etc., looking like I'm going to start the project. That typically gets his backside in gear. He doesn't procrastinate too much ... but when he does, I have my time limit. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

@ECBG 

When my husband is supposed to do something and doesn’t --I don’t say a word, I just start doing whatever it is he was supposed to do and that drives him crazy (because I’m doing it wrong according to him) and then he does it. lol

@Malcontent 

That's the tactic I also use ... if my darling hubby has procrastinated too long, I will just either do it when he's not home (so I don't hear about how I'm doing it all wrong) or I just go out to workshop and start picking out tools, etc., looking like I'm going to start the project. That typically gets his backside in gear. He doesn't procrastinate too much ... but when he does, I have my time limit. Smiley Happy 

I just say, heavens, no, don't want you to do it, you're retired, I'm calling someone. That's not a threat, that's the truth.  He just shouldn't and can't in many areas anymore.  You know twigs break, thus, grab the phone book.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@ECBG 

Well, sometimes I don't even know where to start.  But, sometimes I do it myself.  Last summer I inadvetently knocked the end of the gutter off and couldn't get it back on.  He never did anything about it even though I mentioned it a couple of times.  He was out of town last week and after he returned I said "I fixed the gutter".  His response?  "Uh oh."  Now, how am I supposed to take that?  So I take him and show him my fix. Turns out my fix is better than the original gutter. Those toppers form a bridge at that point and the water now flows directly onto the driveway.

Gutter Extender.jpg