Trusted Contributor

My hospital Covid admissions down to 167 across 8 hospitals!

It is such a relef to have these Covid numbers down.

I'm ready for some sense of normalcy to return.

A face mask is mandatory whenever I'm on campus and I'm getting used to that, but man are they hot!

I pre-ordered an Under Armour super duper cooling mask but it's backordered until August. 

Spoiler
Woman Sad

dee

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My hospital Covid admissions down to 167 across 8 hospitals!

Yea!!!!  

🎉👍👏

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Of course they are not down.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Sadly, the are up where I live in NoCal   We haven't gone into Phase 3 yet.  The number spiked last week and this week

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

The numbers are skyrocketing down here! We used to have 2-3 a day when this all started. This is just in my hospital! That number has quadrupled at least and will only go up. Many people are refusing to wear masks. This makes me so angry! I wonder if it's because they're uninformed or just selfish. The most affected group lately, is aged 30 to 60. I'm in Austin by the way.  
  Folks this is nowhere near being over and is actually getting worse fast. Please be safe and take precautions! I know masks are awful. I have to wear them all day.  
  💗💗💗

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad the numbers are down in your area.   I wear masks that are 100% cotton, 2-3 layers.  Cotton seems much cooler and more comfortable than other fabrics, even more than those that claim to be cooling.

Honored Contributor

The numbers are down in Canada.They wear masks,social distance and quarantine.Some areas have had no new cases for a month.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Of course they are not down.

@Drythe, why do you say that?  Hospitilizations in Ohio are down.  Yesterday in the entire state we had 1 new hospitilization.  

Trusted Contributor

I heard someone say the other day that some of the rise in hospitalizations might be based on people going in for non-essential surgeries. So they've gone in for a procedure and maybe cleared as negative in the pre-op stage before they went in but get tested while they are in and are now positive and they are being counted as people hospitalized with covid. Not that they got it there but just got the positive while admitted for something else. I haven't had time to go and research that story at all but I thought that was interesting. And the person who mentioned it wasn't a partisan whatever so I'd guess he read it someplace normal. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Heard my state Covid numbers are on the rise.

DH and I wear masks everywhere. We are trying to do our small part.