Super Contributor

My heart breaks for all of us

For the parents and siblings of the children who died today. For the children and the families of the adults who were killed.

Earlier today I caught a news story (before I heard about CT) about a huge black bear hunted in the south and there was a photo of the bear, dead hanging by a chain around its neck, from a ceiling and three men in camouflage standing around him for a photo op. My heart broke for the life taken from that creature and for the world we live in where there is no room for an animal whose life is surely sanctioned by God.

All of the technology we have invented that was touted as making our lives better and easier and is turning out to turn against us in so many ways. The student being bullied not to their face in the school yard but to dozens of school mates via facebook.

The people of Syria who a few months ago had homes and jobs and now find themselves in refugee camps trying to keep their kids warm and fed, not knowing where help will come from and finding themselves stateless.

The DJs in Australia who think it's a lark to harrass a young woman in a hospital with complications of her pregnancy and another woman takes her own life because of this "prank".

At this most holy season I can only say, what are we doing? My heart breaks for all of us.

catlvr