Honored Contributor

Re: My gym put us on social media with zero consent

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@Laura14 What? Then post what you mean & don't write that you are going to makeup a story of an ex husband & murder. 

Oh my goodness @kitcat51.  It's called a joke or sarcasm but one you obviously think was in bad taste.  Got it.  Levity.  Try it once in a while.  The world isn't all that bad, yet.  

There are many for which that is not a joking matter.

@CrazyDaisy  Maybe but how do you know I have never experienced this and still choose to smile through a really ugly experience?  Answer:  You don't.

Nor do you know if someone here is reading this sitting in fear right now.  Your making light of the matter is hurtful.

@CrazyDaisy  Again, how do you know my experience is in the past?  You don't. 

You can throw all the gloom and doom you want but my answer is the same and the final one I'll make since this is totally off topic.  If my sense of humor isn't for you, there are lots of other threads on the board or you can even make one yourself.  And I really hope you do since you seem to have important and meaningful experiences to share.    

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  No annual contracts.  That would be smart business and I am on the fourth owner and the worst one yet.  I keep waiting for them to turn me away at the door every time I swipe my key card.  

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Insert @JaneMarple siggie here.

@esmerelda  Very wise but I'm the one who doesn't want to stop breathing because of someone else's unannounced social media jaunts. 

If anyone hears about a 5am parking lot victim at a national gym chain tomorrow, you knew me when.  Smiley Very Happy

For legal and thread purposes, that was a JOKE!  Smiley Tongue   

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 I volunteer at a hospital, currently the women I'm working with.. beaten severely by her husband & is struggling to put round & square pegs into the correct holes, has to relearn how to talk & walk...another had her arm & leg amputated after being beaten & dragged by a car trying to escape her boyfriend. No the world is not an awful place but sadly awful things happen, these women's lifes & others who have suffered abuse will never be the same. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@excpa wrote:

@Laura14  Being from New Jersey myself, although only Italian by neighborhood and choice, I find that we have a special brand of humor that you need to have been exposed to very early.   Very few have appreciated me through the years and it wasn't until I saw THE GODFATHER that I really understood myself.  They miss so much, don't they.

@excpa  High five fellow Jersey Paisan!  I came into my own with Sophia from the Golden Girls because LOOK she's every female in my family EVER!  

@Laura14  Just make an offer she can't refuse.Woman Tongue

Image result for the godfather made him an offer gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Stuns me people would advocate lying to make a point.

Seriously not cool.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@Laura14 I volunteer at a hospital, currently the women I'm working with.. beaten severely by her husband & is struggling to put round & square pegs into the correct holes, has to relearn how to talk & walk...another had her arm & leg amputated after being beaten & dragged by a car trying to escape her boyfriend. No the world is not an awful place but sadly awful things happen, these women's lifes & others who have suffered abuse will never be the same. 

@kitcat51  And my whole point of this thread is that I don't want my exact location broadcast by a stranger who doesn't even tell me she is doing it because it could be dangerous among other things.   Where are we at odds?

As I just said to someone else, please make your own thread.  It's an important topic and if you really want to bring awareness to it, do it!  Don't hide it here.  Heart 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@excpa wrote:

@Laura14  Being from New Jersey myself, although only Italian by neighborhood and choice, I find that we have a special brand of humor that you need to have been exposed to very early.   Very few have appreciated me through the years and it wasn't until I saw THE GODFATHER that I really understood myself.  They miss so much, don't they.

@excpa  High five fellow Jersey Paisan!  I came into my own with Sophia from the Golden Girls because LOOK she's every female in my family EVER!  

@Laura14  Just make an offer she can't refuse.Woman Tongue

Image result for the godfather made him an offer gif

@Cakers3  LOL!  I am about to send Cousin Vinny out with the bat but I think that goes against the rules.  Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Seriously not cool.

I don't get it either.

Maybe the 'humor' is lost on me.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Seriously not cool.

@sidsmom  I do it all the time.  I probably have about five warrants out for my arrest as we type.