Honored Contributor

Re: My gym put us on social media with zero consent

@Tinkrbl44  I have that contract!  It's from over ten years ago but I will pull it out and see what it says.  There may be a pair of handcuffs in this chick's future.  She'll be jumping jacks in the pen by the time we all get done with her actions.  

It is a national chain so you know what?  We could all do a class action suit on behalf of current and future victims and pay off all of our EZ Pays! I think we could get Gloria Allred to rep us too since most of the class is female.  Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

Ah, the heck with it. I say moon the guy next time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

When one is outside of their home, there is always the possibility of being recorded without knowledge or consent.

Just watch the news.

When they do a piece, do you think that they run around getting everybody's permission who was in the background?

No, they don't, but yet there they are, on the evening news.

@Plaid Pants2  This is why one must never pick their noses or scratch in a private body area when out and about.Smiley Tongue

@Cakers3

LOL !!

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@Laura14 What? Then post what you mean & don't write that you are going to makeup a story of an ex husband & murder. 

Oh my goodness @kitcat51.  It's called a joke or sarcasm but one you obviously think was in bad taste.  Got it.  Levity.  Try it once in a while.  The world isn't all that bad, yet.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Ah, the heck with it. I say moon the guy next time.

@suzyQ3  LOL!  If I knew it was happening I just might have put my flexed buns on display.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Okay I checked.  No waivers!  Just what we get and what they get.  Period.  I want my damages.  I'm emailing Judge Judy as we type.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  I have that contract!  It's from over ten years ago but I will pull it out and see what it says.  There may be a pair of handcuffs in this chick's future.  She'll be jumping jacks in the pen by the time we all get done with her actions.  

It is a national chain so you know what?  We could all do a class action suit on behalf of current and future victims and pay off all of our EZ Pays! I think we could get Gloria Allred to rep us too since most of the class is female.  Smiley Wink 

you cannot just look at the original contract. you should also have any updates to rules, regulations, and privacy laws in your state. my guess is is that there have been updates to the contract from ten years ago.

for me, it would be no big deal. it is a part of their advertising and marketing. if it is a big deal to you then perhaps you want to start looking at other gym companies.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Do you suppose all these grin-and-bear-it types would feel the same if, coming out of their gym, in the early morning hours,  they were accosted by someone who had seen the video as an ad for come-and-get it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@Laura14 What? Then post what you mean & don't write that you are going to makeup a story of an ex husband & murder. 

Oh my goodness @kitcat51.  It's called a joke or sarcasm but one you obviously think was in bad taste.  Got it.  Levity.  Try it once in a while.  The world isn't all that bad, yet.  

There are many for which that is not a joking matter.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@excpa wrote:

Do you suppose all these grin-and-bear-it types would feel the same if, coming out of their gym, in the early morning hours,  they were accosted by someone who had seen the video as an ad for come-and-get it?

Come and get it video, now that is funny.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.