Honored Contributor

I only order one specific style (bob that is short) and it's called medium blonde (we'd call it 'dirty blonde).

I only wash it with regular hair shampoo and towel dry it fluffing it with the towel upside down (to give it some poof).

It's too short to get it cut.  I could curl it but I don't even bother.

Honored Contributor

@Leiloni If you've ever read some of my posts here you'd see where this stupid wig(s) and I have a love/hate relationship!

I'm so vain, I don't leave the house without it on, but everyone is right (at least I think so), it is hot.

Mine is short and I put it behind my ears.  If you look closely at the longer wigs you can tell they don't come from the roots on the side of the face.

I think the fact that it's short and for some reason everyone thinks it's really my hair (even the hairdresser when I went to get my REAL hair colored).  I said, "Wait a minute, I have to take off the wig".  She said, "OMG!  I thought it was your real hair and I couldn't figure out why you wanted it colored".  This was a different hairdresser from the one I always used to go to before the wig days.

But I'm off subject (kinda) of what i wanted to tell you guys.  It's about the stupid wig and the love/hate thing.

So a few weeks ago I was in a hurry meeting my son-in-law and grandchildren going to see Black Panther.  I'm rushing around the house, feeling good (for a change) not hot, no back pain.....

So, I was almost there.  At the light to turn in I looked in the mirror to see my lipstick and I'd forgotten to put on the wig!  What does that tell you?  Ha!

So, here's what I did.  When I went home I got out one of the wigs and put it in a plastic zip bag and put it in the middle console of my car.  

From now on if I forget the thing I can always flop on the extra one!  Ha!

But get this!  Today I had to have the side mirror replaced on my car, left it there overnight.  When I picked it up today I remembered I had that wig in the console.

I wonder if they found it and wondered what the hay that was!  They probably at first thought it was a dead animal!  Ha!

Me and this stupid wig!  Like I said, love/hate.

Honored Contributor

Here's the one I buy all of the time.  I pull the front to the side and have bangs and pull the hair behind my ears.  It's pretty much this color and I like it because it doesn't have those long black roots.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

@Leiloni If you've ever read some of my posts here you'd see where this stupid wig(s) and I have a love/hate relationship!

I'm so vain, I don't leave the house without it on, but everyone is right (at least I think so), it is hot.

Mine is short and I put it behind my ears.  If you look closely at the longer wigs you can tell they don't come from the roots on the side of the face.

I think the fact that it's short and for some reason everyone thinks it's really my hair (even the hairdresser when I went to get my REAL hair colored).  I said, "Wait a minute, I have to take off the wig".  She said, "OMG!  I thought it was your real hair and I couldn't figure out why you wanted it colored".  This was a different hairdresser from the one I always used to go to before the wig days.

But I'm off subject (kinda) of what i wanted to tell you guys.  It's about the stupid wig and the love/hate thing.

So a few weeks ago I was in a hurry meeting my son-in-law and grandchildren going to see Black Panther.  I'm rushing around the house, feeling good (for a change) not hot, no back pain.....

So, I was almost there.  At the light to turn in I looked in the mirror to see my lipstick and I'd forgotten to put on the wig!  What does that tell you?  Ha!

So, here's what I did.  When I went home I got out one of the wigs and put it in a plastic zip bag and put it in the middle console of my car.  

But get this!  Today I had to have the side mirror replaced on my car, left it there overnight.  When I picked it up today I remembered I had that wig in the console.

I wonder if they found it and wondered what the hay that was!  They probably at first thought it was a dead animal!  Ha!

Me and this stupid wig!  Like I said, lo

ve

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

Me and this stupid wig!  Like I said, love/hate.

Dear Annabellethecat, I adore you and your posts/stories, you are very funny & never fail to make me laugh, thank you! I love the wig you wear, the color looks great & so is the style. I can see how you would place the hair behind your ears & put it some to the side, sounds very stunning & I'm sure you look stunning in it! I too really like Toni's wigs, I was thinking about the 'Trendsetter' in a blonde, perhaps the strawberry blonde for myself. You sure gave me a big laugh w/ the wig in the car & the repairmen, on the other hand what you did is a really good idea, you won't  
have to worry about leaving the house without your 'hair', LOL. Also, that was a great one about the hair stylist, Toni's wigs are so real. Wishing you & your family a lovely Passover & a great weekend! Heart

Trusted Contributor

@jubilantwrote:

Here are some more ideas.  So many options!

@jubilant  You look fabulous in your wig! I would have never known this is a wig, love all the ways you wear it. You are a striking lady!

Respected Contributor

Wow that's all I gotta say.  I never would have put this about a person on a public shopping board.  Thanks mom for bringing me up right.  

Honored Contributor

Re: My friend just asked me

[ Edited ]

@Leiloni

The woman in the pictures I posted is not me, Leiloni.  See post message #12.  This is a picture I posted  of  a wig from a wig website . This woman posts a lot of pictures on cysterwigs of  all her different styles of wigs.  The wig she has on happens to be like my wig.  I wouldn't mind looking like her, however!  Ha!

Yes, this lady is striking!!  I appreciate all the women on that site who post. It gives the rest of us so many great ideas!  

Honored Contributor

@Tiquewrote:

Agree with you @Annabellethecat66   about the black roots. Now they seem to be making the roots even longer - hope that makes sense. What I'm saying is it used to be just a little dark roots showing. Now sometimes it's half way down the wig if it's a short one. Many of us are using some kind of coverup powder, crayon, mascara, or something to cover up the roots on our real hair so as you said, why would we buy something that has all those dark roots showing.

@Tique  I think they do the root colors only on the blond wigs to get a more natural look. Most women don’t get their roots done each week. Have the same color all the way to the roots, IMO would definitely make it look like a wig.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Most of the women I know (myself included) would never let those black roots get that long!

I prefer the wigs that have no black roots.  Why in the world would I want to walk around all of the time looking like (on purpose) I need to get my fanny to the hairdresser to cover up the roots?

That just doesn't make sense to me.  The ladies I've met who wear wigs (a few) have said they throw on the wig when they haven't had a chance to get to the hairdresser and it's important that their hair looks good.

Perhaps it's a matter of taste...I don't know.  I just know when I didn't wear a wig I had light brown hair (colored) and at one time dirty blonde.  I would have never let the roots get that long.

My friend I eat with 4 to 5 times a week agrees with me.  We talked about it yesterday.  She's now in her early 60's and retired.  She said her roots come out gray now (she's dirty blonde) and she said she can't imagine letting those gray roots stay any longer than necessary.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@Tiquewrote:

Agree with you @Annabellethecat66   about the black roots. Now they seem to be making the roots even longer - hope that makes sense. What I'm saying is it used to be just a little dark roots showing. Now sometimes it's half way down the wig if it's a short one. Many of us are using some kind of coverup powder, crayon, mascara, or something to cover up the roots on our real hair so as you said, why would we buy something that has all those dark roots showing.

@Tique  I think they do the root colors only on the blond wigs to get a more natural look. Most women don’t get their roots done each week. Have the same color all the way to the roots, IMO would definitely make it look like a wig.

@Shanus...think of Grace Kelly. I cannot imagine her with dark roots. I think dark roots make a woman look unkempt. Why buy a wig that looks like you are unable to maintain your hair color?